Selling Gp2x Mk2


PgforPeril

Still Fresh
Joined
Dec 22, 2006
Messages
3
Heya I'm selling my MK2 on ebay right now, I don't use it nearly enough and I could use some extra cash while i'm on winter break, so if you're looking for one it's a great deal. It comes complete in the box with 2 batteries, a card reader and a 2 GB sd card, it's starting at $80 and BIN price is less than a GP2X retails alone. Check out my auction if you're interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1
 

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
PgforPeril posted on Dec 22 2006 at 05:17 PM said:
Heya I'm selling my MK2 on ebay right now, I don't use it nearly enough and I could use some extra cash while i'm on winter break, so if you're looking for one it's a great deal. It comes complete in the box with 2 batteries, a card reader and a 2 GB sd card, it's starting at $80 and BIN price is less than a GP2X retails alone. Check out my auction if you're interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

This should be in market place though.

Are there any bad pixels on the screen?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

PgforPeril

Still Fresh
Joined
Dec 22, 2006
Messages
3
This should be in market place though.

Are there any bad pixels on the screen?
[/quote]



my bad.. i was trying to find the forum rules but the page "wasn't found".. but it doesn't have any bad pixels at all, and the film that they put on the screen is still on it, not a scratch on the screen.
 

winapa

Still Fresh
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
84
Claym99 posted on Dec 22 2006 at 06:50 PM said:
I thought Ebay didn't allow the selling of GP2Xs...because of emulation and all.

No, there is no specific rule to stop you selling a GP2x because of emulation, if eBay took this stance you wouldn't be allowed to sell PSP, DS, GP32...and on and on and on.

As for the OP....Ooops, silly eBay mistake number 1....don't ever ever end your listings on Christmas day....especially at 9am!!!!!! Think about it, most people will be opening presents at this sort of time, or still in their bed. My suggestion is that you end it early and cancel all bids, then relist at a more sensible time (take into account the DATE it ends too!!!).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

PgforPeril

Still Fresh
Joined
Dec 22, 2006
Messages
3
winapa posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:04 PM said:
Claym99 posted on Dec 22 2006 at 06:50 PM said:
I thought Ebay didn't allow the selling of GP2Xs...because of emulation and all.

No, there is no specific rule to stop you selling a GP2x because of emulation, if eBay took this stance you wouldn't be allowed to sell PSP, DS, GP32...and on and on and on.

As for the OP....Ooops, silly eBay mistake number 1....don't ever ever end your listings on Christmas day....especially at 9am!!!!!! Think about it, most people will be opening presents at this sort of time, or still in their bed. My suggestion is that you end it early and cancel all bids, then relist at a more sensible time (take into account the DATE it ends too!!!).

ahh man, I made it a 3 day auction because i can't stand sitting around for a week waiting for auctions to end, usually i'd rather just take a hit on how much i'd get for the item, but that is a very good point. I can't believe i didn't even notice it was gonna end at noon est christmas day lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:

gaterooze

Coltrane Sundia
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
2,723
Website
Visit site
winapa posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:04 PM said:
No, there is no specific rule to stop you selling a GP2x because of emulation, if eBay took this stance you wouldn't be allowed to sell PSP, DS, GP32...and on and on and on.

Actually, yes, there is. I had a GP32 auction pulled twice because it advertized emulation -- even though other auctions saying much the same thing got through unscathed. The deal is, if anyone reports your item for violating policy, they'll shut it down, and emulation, according to their twisted rules, is copyright infringement.

But if no one reports you, you're fine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
GunPei2X posted on Dec 22 2006 at 08:34 PM said:
winapa posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:04 PM said:
No, there is no specific rule to stop you selling a GP2x because of emulation, if eBay took this stance you wouldn't be allowed to sell PSP, DS, GP32...and on and on and on.

Actually, yes, there is. I had a GP32 auction pulled twice because it advertized emulation -- even though other auctions saying much the same thing got through unscathed. The deal is, if anyone reports your item for violating policy, they'll shut it down, and emulation, according to their twisted rules, is copyright infringement.

But if no one reports you, you're fine.


That is retarded.

How can anyone sell a PC, Laptop, PDA, cellphone etc on ebay then? They all have emulators written for them? Stupid ebay, makes no sense.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
DaveC posted on Dec 22 2006 at 09:11 PM said:
That is retarded.

How can anyone sell a PC, Laptop, PDA, cellphone etc on ebay then? They all have emulators written for them? Stupid ebay, makes no sense.
EBay have been told by a lot of hardware manufacturers to disallow the sale of emulation software as the sale of such means that the games will be run on hardware that they were not intended for, and that apparently breaks their rules yadda yadda. I am guessing if you advertise a console as being able to emulate certain other consoles, eBay were obliged to delete the auction.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

classicgmr

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
177
Website
Visit site
bacteria posted on Dec 23 2006 at 06:38 PM said:
I have seen lots of "pinball emulators", Megadrive 500 game packs, N64 games with emulator, MAME roms (3500), etc on E-bay regularly; and copies of games. What does this say about E-bay?? ;)

eBay normally doesn't police itself. They rely heavily on the everyday people and users to report the auctions that are against eBay policies.

They don't have to pay for ad reviewers and the public thinks they are doing something good. The downside is I don't think eBay reads most of the auctions reported. If it is reported it usually gets shut down. Some people use this to their advantage by ending other people's auctions and theirs sells higher because of less competition...

It's a lousy system.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

semicolon

Still Fresh
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
12
Age
36
Website
www.thehappyplanets.com
Aww, if only this auction was ending in four weeks I'd gladly top the current bid, unfortunately I have zero spending money right now.

Best of luck, and if your bidder craps out- please send me a message :)
 
Top