Sdlquake2

Hi,

Ive downloaded it but at the risk of sounding stupid I don't have a clue what else I need to get it running. Let me know what other files are required and I'll test it and give some feedback.

ruckage said:
Hi,

Ive downloaded it but at the risk of sounding stupid I don't have a clue what else I need to get it running. Let me know what other files are required and I'll test it and give some feedback.
I guess the easiest way is to download the gp2x version and replace the binary and modify the script.
Actually I can try it myself now :)

Update, its not loading. Cant tell why yet, I dont have a serial port on my laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ive uploaded the dynamic version if someone has a working SDL: Here

You should be able to create a baseq2 folder next the binary with the pak files and it should work...

Pickle said:

You should be able to create a baseq2 folder next the binary with the pak files and it should work...

It start, but the framebuffer is completely trashed.
DSCN0145.JPG

pepone said:
Pickle said:

It start, but the framebuffer is completely trashed.

Great now we are getting somewhere...i think this do to screen being set to 8 bpp. Orkie ran prboom and had the same problem. So it must be something with the SDL.

Yeah, it is to do with 8bit colour, though I was sure Puck managed to fix this months ago :S.

Orkie said:
Yeah, it is to do with 8bit colour, though I was sure Puck managed to fix this months ago :S.
Anyway to contact him?

Is this the correct mode?
wiz_memregl[0x4058>>2] = 0x443AD020; // PTR5G6B5 pixel format

Edit: Isnt that a 16 bit mode? I dont know what the PT stands for though.

Orkie said:
No, when you get to the menu, press Ctrl+C to kill it and get a prompt.
Thanks, thats the clue I needed. I had the wrong keyboard setting for putty too.

Are you planning to look into the SDL problem?

Ok i played around a little bit, I finally found where woogal hacked the controls in so I can get in game, I also have sound working now for quake2 (pollux doesnt like 11025?). Seems to run very well, I dont know if this will change when SDL is fixed, but it seems full speed most times.

Peter R said:
Full speed most times is certainly good.
Sure, I will just believe it once SDL works right.
So speaking of SDL, the SDL 1.2.13 being hosted on X11.gp2x.de/openwiz doesnt work at all, Also the version on the wiz is 1.2.11.
Where's the source for 11?

Second thing is the screen, mine has a nice tear sometimes going at a diagonal from bottom left to upper right. I dont if this related to the white dia line mentioned in the other post. But it seems all we had to do was rotate to work around the white diag (which I havnt seen). Anyone know anything about this?

Moomin posted on May 19 2009 at 06:05 PM said:
Any news? Does it run?
I downloaded it, but get black screen.
There a memory limit problem, if you run with no sound it will work. One way to do is to do +s_khz 11, wiz cant handle 11025 so the sound wont be started
It also could be a libcastor location problem

works like a charm , just wish you could use the touch screen to aim , L to shoot , menu button to switch weapon, R to duck and left + right diagnols to side step instead of turning

Works. Problem was in a cfg file present in directory alongside with paks.
At start there is no sound, but when in options i choose high sound quality it appears and works.
Controls are pretty incommodious. Maybe ninjawiz2x's variant would be better but don't know will it be possible to use touchscreen in the future.
Anyway, looks like redefining the keys through menu or config file may may work. I'll try.
And sensitivity when I hold R is too high, too difficult to aim precisely, but I still managed to compete first level on medium )

Back