GP32 Sdl_ttf Antialias Not Working On Gp2x

ivanixgames

Still Fresh
I cant seem to get antialias working using the SDL_ttf. According to its documentation, calling
TTF_RenderText_Blended() or TTF_RenderText_Shaded() should trigger antialias.
Has anyone confirm that antialias is working? Actually, I don't see it working on my desktop either.

try restarting this in the gp2x forum rather than gp32, you might get a response there. i apologize if you've already done so. you do have almost 200 views though, so i dunno.

have you tried messing with (i forget what it's actually called) the parameters for initializing the screen surface? like the color modes and hardware vs software surface, etc

blended does work on gp2x. are you using the official sdk from gp2x.com? if not, there are buggy libttf versions around, that have a bad bad bug wich was active for years ( :( ) with antialiasing (displaying nothing at all), but afair it only affects the shaded rendermode (but i am unsure on that)

G.o.D said:
blended does work on gp2x. are you using the official sdk from gp2x.com? if not, there are buggy libttf versions around, that have a bad bad bug wich was active for years ( :( ) with antialiasing (displaying nothing at all), but afair it only affects the shaded rendermode (but i am unsure on that)
Just saw your reply. I was using the open2x tool chain along with the accell SDL. Havent got back to this in awhile, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back