GP2X Sdl Sound Problem

fishybawb

Hired Geek
Website
Visit site
I'm using the precompiled devkitGP2X on Windows, and can't seem to get SDL audio working properly... I've tried compiling a GB emu on Windows and the sound works fine, but when I cross compile it, there's no sound :( Everything compiles cleanly. Do I need a newer/different SDL library or something?

Thanks!

I've installed the SDL library pack for the GP2X if that's what you mean, although I think that just adds SDL_image and some others... I've got no idea why this isn't working :(

Are you statically linking your binary? If so then the libs on the GP2X shouldn't make a difference.

However, if you aren't statically linking the binary you need to be 100% sure that the verion you are compiling against and the version on your 2X are EXACTLY the same, otherwise you will get problems all over the place.

If all else fails you can try recompiling your own version of the libs with devkitGP2X, then statically linking against those libs, this would most likely remove all doubt about versioning.

I hope that helps somewhat. I haven't actually looked at doing sound with SDL yet so I am affraid thats where my knowledge stops.

Good Luck

Try it with static links and make sure you've inited stuff properly (especially Mix_OpenAudio, you'll need to decrease chunk size or you'll get latency of up to a second). Make sure it doesn't try to make a temporary music file in somewhere non-SD and if all else fails, watch the output in sterm and printf() your troubles away!

Back