Sdhc Card Issues

fantoboy

Still Fresh
So I've been using a 4gb SDHC card with no issues for about 2 weeks. I decided to upgrade to a 32gb card. Got a really cheap one on ebay. No name-brand. I've been having issues with transferring files to it. Sometimes the files will look like they were copied, but when I put them in the Caanoo- they've disappeared. I put it back in the pc, and I see they've disappeared. I formatted it with fat32 (a couple times). Is there an issue with SDHC, or is it probably the cheap card? Should I maybe try NTFS instead? The issue arises mostly with folders with large amounts of files like the mame, neogeo, and genesis rom folders. Anyone experience something like this, or have any ideas?

fantoboy said:
So I've been using a 4gb SDHC card with no issues for about 2 weeks. I decided to upgrade to a 32gb card. Got a really cheap one on ebay. No name-brand. I've been having issues with transferring files to it. Sometimes the files will look like they were copied, but when I put them in the Caanoo- they've disappeared. I put it back in the pc, and I see they've disappeared. I formatted it with fat32 (a couple times). Is there an issue with SDHC, or is it probably the cheap card? Should I maybe try NTFS instead? The issue arises mostly with folders with large amounts of files like the mame, neogeo, and genesis rom folders. Anyone experience something like this, or have any ideas?

you should return your card, it's garbage, that's what fake sd cards do, looks like it takes it, but nothing is actually on there.

it's either a faulty actual 32GB or a falsely reported sd card of a much smaller size.

sorry about your luck, but as a general rule I stick with newegg or amazon for all my flash media needs

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, stick with big names (like amazon or newegg). I will never buy any type of mass storage device off of ebay again.

Back