SD swap space question

I highly doubt you will wreck anything, unless you're going for a server usage.

So, I should/could just use the whole card no problem then?

I'm picking it up tomorrow at the post office(missed the mail carrier today). I hope I don't regret buying a second-hand one. It'd arrived a bit earlier than expected, so I'll have to make do without the dedicated swap card. I've got a 32GB card for storage on it, but only class6 so I'm not even gonna bother trying to put any swap space on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I ended up buying an SD at the store that a friend & I happened to be browsing. Because of a mistake made by the person who put the stock on the sales floor, I ended up buying a class10 8GB Sandisk that claims a write speed of up to 30mb/s.

Now, I just have to wait for the guy I got the system off of to send me the system/admin password so I can try to set things up.

^ Wouldn't it be better to reflash the system so it has your own username, password, and data on it?

You're so annoying today... :p .

That's a good thing to slow down ssh intrusions.

Having formatted a 2GB section of SD to swap space, I've moved on to seeing what I can do with the USB port. The current answer is absolutely nothing. Mouse? Nope. Flashdrive? nope. WirelessN network adapter? No(actually didn't expect it to anyway). I'd try my webcam, but there's no app I'm aware of that could do anything with it.

But, she'll play not-fullscreened low-quality youtube videos, so I get one victory at least. The battery life seems to still be decent despite its age. So, 2 victories!

UPDATE: Got one of those specialty youtube apps to work! So, the quality of victory is raise. YAY!

Victory #3. Thank you. If this keeps up, I might have to start paying you. I definitely should make a note of that command, cause the built-in thing for enabling the USB didn't seem to work.

EDITE: And now it does & I am confused(but not complaining)

If you plug in a USB1.1 device (such as a mouse) it crashes the host port and you need to restart. Is it possible you had crashed the port and only thought that the toggle wasn't working, and then conveniently restarted?

Back