Sd Card Size?

exxentrix

Still Fresh
Im out of ideas of how to answer this question so I thought I would ask at this forum. I can't tell with the picture if this SD card would fit in my GP2x or not. Sorry for the dumb question.

exxentrix posted on Jul 13 2006 at 03:02 AM said:
Im out of ideas of how to answer this question so I thought I would ask at this forum. I can't tell with the picture if this SD card would fit in my GP2x or not. Sorry for the dumb question.

Yes it will fit. All SD cards are the same as far as their actual size dimensions, it is their capacity that varies. Some are 512 meg, 1 gig, 2 gig, or 4 gig.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, I am sure there are MUCH cheaper places to buy SD cards than Amazon... maybe someone in the USA can point you to some better deals (or see the appropriate threads in the general forum).

Just to add on this question if I may, does the speed of the card matter?

Ive seen some with 33x, some with "ultra 2", 60x, 133x, etc.

Ta for any clues :)

I intend to use my sd-card for psx emu, which speed would you recommend? :) thanks for the help so far :D

exxentrix posted on Jul 13 2006 at 09:02 AM said:
it very much will depend on what resolution your computer is running at as stated it looks kins big :)

seriously though

i just bagged myself a kingmax x150 2GB for £30 it works fine with the 2x and also for flashing

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm okay, considering my price range, I can choose from these brands of 2GB SD cards.
-SanDisk
-A-Data
-Ritek
-Transcend
-Ritek Pro-2
-Kingston
-Patriot Signature
-PQI
-OCZ
-TwinMOS
-Silicon Power
-Corsair
Which should I choose?

San Disk, A-Data, Transcend and Kingston definately work. There is a list of brands that are compatible. Only a few are known not to work or just to partially work. The list should be in the wiki...
Gp2x Wiki

Back