Sd Card Corruption

lnx64

So, other than manually checking every file every week, I'm just gonna ask, how often does the Caanoo trash SD cards? I just lost a lot of data because my Caanoo decided it didn't like the overclock on Super Mario World, and took liberty of trashing the file allocation table.

I'm now running data recovery programs cause that same 32GB SD card was used for documents too..

I figured the only thing it could corrupt was data it had open or was writing too, not the entire card.

lnx64 said:
So, other than manually checking every file every week, I'm just gonna ask, how often does the Caanoo trash SD cards? I just lost a lot of data because my Caanoo decided it didn't like the overclock on Super Mario World, and took liberty of trashing the file allocation table.

I'm now running data recovery programs cause that same 32GB SD card was used for documents too..

I figured the only thing it could corrupt was data it had open or was writing too, not the entire card.
i learnt my lesson, my 8gb is completely forgone and it also nearly happened to my 16gb, so now i only use a 1gb card!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, that the caanoo does not umount SD card on poweroff. I switched fs on the sd card to ext2 and I noticed, that I got less corruptions, but this change requires also a change to caanoo's linux (I wrote about the change: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/58881-sd-card-with-ext2-filesystem/page__p__941919__hl__ext2__fromsearch__1&#entry941919 ), and there are some disadvantages, like no longer caanoo would work with hot swaping sd cards, and the fs on USB drive would be ext2, so if you are using windows, I wouldn't suggest such a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange... I've never had any corruption problems with any of the three cards I've used (all 8GB cards) and I keep backups just in case. I often use hotswapping because I have my games and programs on multiple cards.

Back