Sd Appears As Write Protected

froggy

Still Fresh
Hello all, I'm new here and new to the gp2x. I've just received mine (f200) but it seems there is a problem with the sd functionality. I've tried different sd cards , different usb cables, computers and even OS (vista , xp sp2, linux fedora) and the same error comes up each time: the sd card is write protected and I can't move files to it.
However the gp2X can create folder and when I play to duke nukem (which I installed using a card reader) I can save my progress.
So it seems I can workaround this problem using a card reader but it would be nice if someone has an advice to make it works directly over the usb cable.

froggy said:
Hello all, I'm new here and new to the gp2x. I've just received mine (f200) but it seems there is a problem with the sd functionality. I've tried different sd cards , different usb cables, computers and even OS (vista , xp sp2, linux fedora) and the same error comes up each time: the sd card is write protected and I can't move files to it.
However the gp2X can create folder and when I play to duke nukem (which I installed using a card reader) I can save my progress.
So it seems I can workaround this problem using a card reader but it would be nice if someone has an advice to make it works directly over the usb cable.
Can you reformat the card ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick with using the card reader, It`s much more reliable, A lot more quicker and you know it makes sense.

A lot of people are having the same problem as you, Re: coping files etc to the GP2x via usb, Most of them have thrown in the towel and now use a card reader too.

Trooper

trooper said:
A lot of people are having the same problem as you, Re: coping files etc to the GP2x via usb, Most of them have thrown in the towel and now use a card reader too.
Weird, I've had no real trouble thus far with mine... However, I have got an "evil" SDHC card which corrupts itself (garbled filenames, impossible file sizes, etc) and has managed to crash a Linux box, and Netbsd box and an OS X box... amazingly windows is fine with it...

The OSX crash is quite spectacular too - it makes the machine power off, and refuse to turn on again until you disconnect the power supply!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back