scumm

Phil

FAPPO!
it says that in the read me scumm over cloacks the gp32 to 133mhz

is this safe? i mean like in the long run or im i just being stupid and paranoid and should start enjoying some lucasarts games

AS far as I know, 133Mhz is also fine - it's anything above this that is dodgy... GPengine runs at 133 and it hasn;t killed any GP32s yet as far as I know....

133 MHz is an official speed, so it's totally safe :)

But, one version of GPScummVM run at 166 MHz ---> it can damage your LCD and processor :(

The standard version runs at 165Mhz. The 132Mhz version hasn't got as good sound, it's up to you whether you want to risk it - lots of people run the standard version with no problems.

thanks just finished dott on the 132 version the sound was very crackely haven't tried 133 version i guess i might as well try it now

Actually talked to Ph0x, author of the port, few minutes ago. And here is part of the log :)

[23:07] <hando_> btw. any news on scumm progress ?
[23:07] <ph0x_> nothing, no time
[23:08] <hando_> ehh :) hope you will back to it :))
[23:09] <ph0x_> definatelly,when i fidn time

133 ver didnt work sigh. is it just my version or does sam and max not work very well on gpscumm

Tickle me with a tramp if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that there isn't a 133Mhz version of SCUMM - it's actually 165Mhz... so bear that in mind GP32 lovers

Dozer posted on Jul 3 2003 said:
So are both versions called the same thing or what? Confusing... :unsure:
No - They are named differently. If memory serves me right, :huh: the non-overclocked version has 132 in the name somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back