Screen Tearing

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
I have a few questions about the screen tearing some people noticed. Are the reasons for it the same as with the Wiz? Are all units affected? Or are only a few programs influenced? Is a workaround available?
Thanks for enlighten me...

Regards,
Stephan

I might be wrong... I don't own a Dingoo, but as I recall the tearing issue was only on early versions (with White cases?) and was corrected in later versions.

I haven´t seen this mysterious tearing on my black dingoo yet, but i might not be as pedantic as other people. The only not so good thing about the LCD is the viewing angle: up, down and left are ok, but right is pretty dark. Not a problem for me as player, but for the audience. :p
There were distortions in the Megadrive emulator though, but that´s double-fixed now.

It happens in certain emulators, it's basically a result of bad coding on the ones standard provided.
I only notice it (strongly) in the master system emulator (seen that is what i use)
However someone is fixing this : http://a320.freeforums.org/megadrive-emulator-for-native-os-fixed-t884.html

works pretty good so far if you flash the dingo to 1.1 firmware.

Screen tearing is supposedly only present in the built-in emulators, not linux (certainly not there in picodrive in dingux). I thought the dingux dual-boot installer had inadvertently alleviated some of the screen tearing.

Back