Screen recording with ffmpeg?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I have installed the ffmpeg in the NAND using "opkg install ffmpeg", but I cannot get the screen to record. Can someone help me?

Here is script:

#!/bin/sh

ffmpeg -video_size 800x480 -framerate 30 -f x11grab -i :0.0 -c:v libx264 -qp 0 -preset ultrafast -profile:v high444 /home/silent/Video/framegrab.hq.mkv
read -p "Press any key to recode. Press Control-C to cancel recoding." -n1 -s
ffmpeg -i /home/silent/Video/framegrab.hq.mkv -c:v libx264 -qp 0 -preset veryslow -profile:v high444 /home/silent/Video/framegrab.hq.recoded.mkv

It tells me video_size is not a valid option. Doing further research, I tried -s instead of -video_size and -r instead of -framerate, but then it tells me -c:v is invalid. Replacing that with -vcodec makes it say that 0 is not a valid option for the parameter qp.

This script works as is on my laptop, why is the ffmpeg on the Pandora so different?

It is old ;)

But there were some pnds around that can do screen recording iirc.

Framerate will not be that great with ffmpeg I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh? I haven't seen any. I did get this working by just not specifying a codec, and telling it to write to a .mp4 file, but it has bad compression artifacts. Framerate is good though. But the cursor is messed up.

I looked in the Multimedia and then the Graphics categories. Then in Utilities. Not knowing a title, I couldn't very well use the search feature. I see that it was in a nonexistant VideoRecorder, Recorder category.

I looked in the Multimedia and then the Graphics categories. Then in Utilities. Not knowing a title, I couldn't very well use the search feature. I see that it was in a nonexistant VideoRecorder, Recorder category.
if you had typed "screen recorder" in the search field you would have seen it immediately. On top of that, try google :)

I will definately need to update the pnd with a new version of SSR.

Sorry for late reply...but yesterday was without internet.

Back