Screen Not Working

edeekbcool

Still Fresh
So, my pandora arived today and after admiring its beauty i put the batery in and it started up,
but the sceen is blank, nothing at all has come up, ive tried the brightness up and down buttons, nothing is working
Also i dont think it is charging even though its plugged in and the green light is on, i read a red one should be alight as well?
the cable is working though as: if i take the battery out and plug in the charger the green light goes on, but still no screen.
any help would be aperciated,
thanks.

Put the battery in, plug the charger in and give it some time. It can take a while till you see a reaction if the battery is flat. If it's still dead after an hour or so, come back here.

mali said:
Put the battery in, plug the charger in and give it some time. It can take a while till you see a reaction if the battery is flat. If it's still dead after an hour or so, come back here.

Thanks for the fast reply, its been sitting next to me plugged in for the past 2 hours with the green light on, and the screen sitting blankly.
any other ideas?
sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you reset the device(press pandora button and power switch at the same time) still nothing?

nothing, the green light (leftmost) goes off and then back on but the screen is still completely blank. no noticable change at all... :(

Press the FN key and hold down the "Brightness increase" button (I key) until the screen comes on.

There is a bug in the current firmware where, if the system is suspended while the lid is closed, the LCD controller backlit is turned off, and when it is resumed, reset to the state it was in when the lid was closed, which is: off.

So, you have to turn it on. ED knows about this problem and I believe a fix is due in the next hotfix pack .. in the meantime, get the FN-key love train goin' ..

One last thing you can try is taking out the battery and starting it with just the charger plugged in. If it still does nothing, I suspect it's broken and can't be fixed easily. I've got no own Pandora but I think there would have to be at least some reaction from the screen when trying to boot. You might want to try pressing the right shoulder button when booting to see if the menu comes up.

Maybe others have further suggestions.

edit:
So the device uses the desktop brightness level even at boot time? That's a pretty bad solution if true. Booting should have its own independent fixed brightness setting, my N800 does.

torpor said:
Press the FN key and hold down the "Brightness increase" button (I key) until the screen comes on.

There is a bug in the current firmware where, if the system is suspended while the lid is closed, the LCD controller backlit is turned off, and when it is resumed, reset to the state it was in when the lid was closed, which is: off.

So, you have to turn it on. ED knows about this problem and I believe a fix is due in the next hotfix pack .. in the meantime, get the FN-key love train goin' ..

i've tried this and still had no joy, thanks for the help,
guess ill just have to email and ask for a repair...
which email should i try?
sorry,
thanks again for the help,

Hi this is the exactly the same problem I had, only option was to return it unfortunately.

coevin said:
Hi this is the exactly the same problem I had, only option was to return it unfortunately.

Damn, im gonna resort to this i think,
emailed my supplier, hopefully wont take to long...
:(

Back