Saving Issue.

sturryz

Still Fresh
My Caanoo has a strange problem, It will not save setting for anything. Whenever I try to save settings for a emulator or such it says it has failed to write it's config. Whenever I try to save a game it says the save has failed. Anything related to writing data from any application seems to not work, which is weird because the Caanoo was working for months without issue.

Sounds like the SD card has been 'locked' with the switch on the side, or the switch/slot is defective to the point of not engaging one another properly. If the switch on the card is in the open position (towards the contacts), try wrapping a small piece of tape around the cutout for the switch to see if it allows writing afterwards.

I have tried other SD cards with it, one of which has never been used. Starting to think the problem has to do with something wrong with the console rather then anything else.

I still think it may be a card lock issue.

The way they work, the switch itself does nothing electrically, it's just a piece of plastic that changes position to trigger a small switch or sensor inside the card slot or not. If the slot is defective to where they don't fit together properly this can happen and your only option may be to send it in for repairs if true.

Sometimes a piece of tape over the lock switch on the card is just enough to make an 'iffy' card slot work again if it's just slightly off of position, unless the switch is completely borked. (this is also good if the plastic switch has broken off the card itself)

Back