Save The Hd-dvd Format! (support Is Stronger Than Ever)

Goity said:
lubidog said:
Just got a PS3, so screw the competition!

And this is just childish and stupid, the only thing that the studios will listen to is sales, and the sales of BR are way higher than HD DVD.

Sorry, but it's over.
Get Heavenly Sword then, as well as Enchanted Arms if you like RPGs (about a tenner on ebay for that one).

It's fairly obvious why HD DVD are cheaper; Toshiba are having to subsidise them to stay in the competition. Expect things to change when the format war is over.

HD DVD is cheaper because they are cheaper to make, including the disc and machine... so price drops can still come lower which they have been... who knows how cheap they can go

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity said:
lubidog said:

And this is just childish and stupid, the only thing that the studios will listen to is sales, and the sales of BR are way higher than HD DVD.

Sorry, but it's over.
Get Heavenly Sword then, as well as Enchanted Arms if you like RPGs (about a tenner on ebay for that one).

It's fairly obvious why HD DVD are cheaper; Toshiba are having to subsidise them to stay in the competition. Expect things to change when the format war is over.

Hijacking the thread...

Played the demo of H.Sword and loved it (albeit a bit short!) so will be wanting that one! Enchanted Arms...umm, good idea! I'll look now!

Been playing Motorstorm (incredible, just incredible feeling of speed and bounce. The physics of the thing are incredible!), Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty4 (the first FPS I have actually enjoyed. Gotta get good enough to go online!) and fifa (I...I like it!)

The PS3 just seems such a complete console. I had an xbox for a week, and it just did nothing for me. Great games, but the whole system seemed more of a trial than fun! The way the PS3 works, the way it finds my internet, the way it looks on our new TV, the ease of the demo downloads, the wireless handsets, the amazing video playback, the media hub of the thing etc...

It's reignited my love of console gaming. Having played a handheld since Christmas. And blu ray on a great telly is amazing!

So yeah, Blu Ray.

acpgames said:
Goity said:
lubidog said:

Sorry, but it's over.

HD DVD is cheaper because they are cheaper to make, including the disc and machine... so price drops can still come lower which they have been... who knows how cheap they can go

The disc being cheaper isn't really correct either... It's cheaper to make 25gb blurays than 30gb hddvds, and those are what are generally used for films (since a 15gb hddvd isn't usually enough).

Dual-format players and burners will soon be the norm and people will care about the difference between HD-DVD and Blu-ray about as much as they currently care about DVD+R vs. DVD-R...

lubidog said:
. I had an xbox for a week, and it just did nothing for me. Great games, but the whole system seemed more of a trial than fun! The way the PS3 works, the way it finds my internet, the way it looks on our new TV, the ease of the demo downloads, the wireless handsets, the amazing video playback, the media hub of the thing etc...
Yeah but you know the Xbox 360 has pretty much the same games as the PS3 anyway. The other thing is that the cross platform stuff is almost always better on the Xbox with smoother framerate and better lighting.

As far as looking good on a good TV the VGA output of the 360 looks better than HDMI anyway. I have both so it doesn't matter much.

I have The HDDVD 360 add on and the PS3. Movies look sharper on the HDDVD add on because of the VGA connection but now that HDDVD is dead I won't buy any movies for either format. Stupid Sony and the lack of VGA of the PS3 ;) It is typical of Sony to force HD(RM)I on you. Bunch of control freaks.

Parkydr said:
They're both crappy extreme DRM-ridden formats. Sony backs Blu-ray and Microsoft backs HD-DVD, what a choice to have to make.

To quote the Bard - "A plague on both your houses"
iso9660 + udf FTW !!!

Seriously couldn't give a shit which format wins but I think it is clear to any neutral observer that Bluray has it in the bag.

#10,682 votes, wow looks like there are alot of HD DVD supporters, some are posted by BLURAY fangirls, but they get deleted after a while so nice try to them

also this petition has been forwarded directly to studios and TOSHIBA, and also i have posted this on 30 forums, and still doing more, and thats just me alone, there are others too who are spreading the word...

also the petition is being noticed everywhere:::::

http://dgiul.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/peti...-hd-dvd-posted/
(posted jan 10)

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/news/show/T...D_Petition/1374
(posted jan 21)

plenty more too,

word is getting out, so, hey like i said it may work it may not but like winning money you have to be in it to win it, so who would giveup something they like so much,

but since this has been spread far and wide, will just see, and even if HD DVD wins it doesnt mean its from this petitition as HD DVD movie sales are going up alot, i have bought more and will continue to do so.....

so keep signing and for the people who care, help spread the world, even your parents hey if you cat can type then show him too...

now the petition has been notice in HD news areas such as the above links more and more poeple will know about it.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------

UNIVERSAL says HD DVD is here to stay and an interview yesterday with executive vice president for Universal Studios and who is also the co-president of HD DVD saying they have no plans for BLURAY even after Warner Brothers left........ so HD DVD is not going anywhere

http://www.betanews.com/article/Interview_...stay/1200951636

If HD-DVD hadn't already lost there would be no need for this petition.

I don't get why you are so fanatical about this anyway, it's a fucking movie format. Console fanboys are idiotic but this is beyond belief...

Who cares either way everyone just downloads movies and watches them in divx format on their Gp2X's :lol:

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Great idea to keep buying HD DVDs to "support" the dead format. Huge waste of money.
Believe it or not, the HD-DVDs will not self destruct when support for them is dropped.

Back