sam fisher pwnage thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
I'm in a bit of a hurry, so this question will be poorly formatted and not spell checked:

My fucking father thought he would clean my laptop screen with multi surface polish and it's one of them shiny screens and tried to clean it with an old tshirt and now the whole thing's smeared to buggery and probably scratched, I can't see. I tried getting rid of them with a yellow polish cloth thing, but it just makes everything worse...
Any suggestions for getting rid of the smears?

Cheers.

Nah, no solutions, so just sell me the piece of shit for $5 :)

Have you tried using a very soft cloth (the kind you use to wipe your glasses) with water or glass-cleaning solution? Mess like the one you described should come off quite easily if washed off patiently.

never use window cleaners on tft's, they attack the plastic surface.
use distilled water and a soft cloth or a special tft cleaner.

nickspoon said:
I used Windolene on my laptop screen. I take no responsibility for damage to your screen if you do the same.
LOL and here i was thinking iwas alone in using windolene to clean my screens :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see that you said he used multi-surface polish (Is it like Pledge?, if so you're screwed. It leaves a wax behind that is design to soak in deep.)

I think it's ok, I wiped the screen until the smears disappeared...

Nova said:
I'm in a bit of a hurry, so this question will be poorly formatted and not spell checked:

My fucking father thought he would clean my laptop screen with multi surface polish and it's one of them shiny screens and tried to clean it with an old tshirt and now the whole thing's smeared to buggery and probably scratched, I can't see. I tried getting rid of them with a yellow polish cloth thing, but it just makes everything worse...

Cheers.
Don't use polish. Polish fucks shit up. Use one of those half water, half alcohol mixture things that they give you at the glasses place. If you dont have any...well get one part alcohol and one or two parts water; mix it, and wipe it with the cloth on your screen.

Make that isopropyl alcohol.

correct me if I am wrong, but isn't any type of alcohol unhealthy for certain types of plastic? I wouldn't use that on my laptopscreen... Just plain ol' soap and water (obviously just a hint of it) always does the trick for me.

I've never cleaned my laptop screen in the 3 years I've had it .. just an occasional wipe with a microfiber cloth to clear up any rouge dusties ... :p

Loubear said:
Nova said:

Cheers.
Don't use polish. Polish fucks shit up. Use one of those half water, half alcohol mixture things that they give you at the glasses place. If you dont have any...well get one part alcohol and one or two parts water; mix it, and wipe it with the cloth on your screen.

Why would it have to be isopropyl? Woudln't any old high alcohol concentration thing do. I don't see why it has to be an isomer of propanol lol. Nice normal ethanol with a bit of methanol would do fine.

sam fisher said:
Loubear said:
Nova said:

Cheers.

Why would it have to be isopropyl? Woudln't any old high alcohol concentration thing do. I don't see why it has to be an isomer of propanol lol. Nice normal ethanol with a bit of methanol would do fine.

If you want to waste your good brandy on wiping your screen to reminisce over your mornings bent over the toilet.

Go ahead.

samfisher vs. loubear. priceless... just like in the old days. Also: Hey Sam, stop looking up stuff on wikipedia to look smart. You are neither a genius nor a chemist so stfu! It's plain obvious and you are pathetic... everyone knows that you keep posting unnecessary posts like that just to show off and profile yourself. FGS!!!!

Loubear said:
sam fisher said:
Loubear said:
Nova said:

Cheers.

If you want to waste your good brandy on wiping your screen to reminisce over your mornings bent over the toilet.

Go ahead.

You can get non-isopropyl alcohol that not in a beverage. Furthermore a beverage wouldn't contain methanol unless you want to die. Or unless you consider anti-freeze brandy.... Surgical Spirit would do fine....

xnopasaranx said:
samfisher vs. loubear. priceless... just like in the old days. Also: Hey Sam, stop looking up stuff on wikipedia to look smart. You are neither a genius nor a chemist so stfu! It's plain obvious and you are pathetic... everyone knows that you keep posting unnecessary posts like that just to show off and profile yourself. FGS!!!!
I do A level chemistry FFS. Isomers are part of the syllabus! Furthermore the iso prefix makes it clear that the molecules in the isopropyl alcohol are isomeric of another molecule. The propyl suffix suggests its propanol. I think the only isomer of propan-1-ol is propan-2-ol so the chances are its referring to that?

xnopasaranx said:
Seriously dude, if you start rocking any harder, I'm gonna be busting my nuts all over your face...

Nova, I do chemistry.... Technically that makes me a Chemist. Now shut the [****] up you dumb arse [****] whos failed at life. If I ever see you in person I will beat the living shit into you!

sam fisher said:
If I ever see you in person I will beat the living shit into you!
:huh:

:blink:

:eek:

:lol: :lol:

:unsure:

:ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back