Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs - Kickstarter - Dreamcast!!!

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
A kickstarter is currently running for 'Saber rider and the Star sheriffs'.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-video-game

It's a retro run and gun style game based on an old Japanese anime.

In short, there is a Dreamcast version. If anyone here loves the Dreamcast then please consider pledging. It's also to be released on other retro systems and some modern gaming systems too.

And no I am not affiliated with the campaign, just spreading the word
wink.gif

Let's make a Dreamcast physical release happen. The dreamcast indie retro scene is alive and well with several cool games currently scheduled for release.

It would be superb if this game gets launched for the dreamcast

Backed this (Dreamcast release). Not sure why....  :wacko:

I agree that it is great that new games are made for it, however maybe they could save themselves a bit of money by not making physical copies of the games, cases and everything.  I don't know about others, but I stopped using my Dreamcast out of concern for the drive dying and me not having a replacement.  Eventually I plan on getting one of the new options to replace the optical drive, so a disc would be of no use to me if I replace it (once I have something to replace it with I will go back to using the original drive until it dies).  With a digital copy it can be played on an emu, on consoles without a GD-ROM drive, and a copy can be burned for those that still have one.

I agree that it is great that new games are made for it, however maybe they could save themselves a bit of money by not making physical copies of the games, cases and everything.  I don't know about others, but I stopped using my Dreamcast out of concern for the drive dying and me not having a replacement.  Eventually I plan on getting one of the new options to replace the optical drive, so a disc would be of no use to me if I replace it (once I have something to replace it with I will go back to using the original drive until it dies).  With a digital copy it can be played on an emu, on consoles without a GD-ROM drive, and a copy can be burned for those that still have one.
I use my dreamcast regularly, if the drive dies then meh, I'll just buy another dreamcast, they are cheap.

I use my dreamcast regularly, if the drive dies then meh, I'll just buy another dreamcast, they are cheap.
Yes, but eventually the price will go up as working ones become more and more rare.  I also don't like that approach.  I prefer to fix my things that aren't working.

Yes, but eventually the price will go up as working ones become more and more rare.  I also don't like that approach.  I prefer to fix my things that aren't working.
Oh I would fix my dreamcast if it broke, but if it were beyond repair and cost more to repair than the cost of a new dreamcast, then I'd buy a new one.

I'm rather attached to my DC.

I haven't looked at prices lately, but I am pretty sure the things I would consider as replacements to the GD-ROM drive would cost more than a few Dreamcasts.  I am fine with that because they are also less likely to fail, and I won't have to buy as many Dreamcasts (which I could then move the drive replacement over to if it is still functioning).

Last I checked it was a relatively cheap to do so.
Not sure exactly what you were talking about, but I checked for replacment drives on ebay, and the only one I found was $60.  If I didn't do what I plan on doing  would probably go the route that Wrath of Khan said, as it is cheaper to replace the whole Dreamcast.

If you mean things like GDEmu and USB GDROM, those seem to still be somewhat pricey.  If you have a functioning one you don't need let me know, as I like cheap.

Not sure exactly what you were talking about, but I checked for replacment drives on ebay, and the only one I found was $60.  If I didn't do what I plan on doing  would probably go the route that Wrath of Khan said, as it is cheaper to replace the whole Dreamcast.

If you mean things like GDEmu and USB GDROM, those seem to still be somewhat pricey.  If you have a functioning one you don't need let me know, as I like cheap.
 I went looking for a replacement GDROM for mine a few years ago, I ended up I buying two spare fully working Dreamcasts for $50 USD with controllers which was cheaper than just buying the drive. Ironically after buying the two spares, the drive on my original started behaving again. Can't have too many Dreamcasts it seems, or they work better in packs...

I went looking for a replacement GDROM for mine a few years ago, I ended up I buying two spare fully working Dreamcasts for $50 USD with controllers which was cheaper than just buying the drive. Ironically after buying the two spares, the drive on my original started behaving again. Can't have too many Dreamcasts it seems, or they work better in packs...
I usually keep spares of my old stuff, but eventually it feels like I am crossing a line from being prepared to hoarding.  Since the drive is the thing I most often see listed as dead, if I have a way to replace the drive that is less likely to be a problem down the road I don't need an extra Dreamcast until my first one dies.

They probably trained them to play dead if they are alone for too long so that the owner will buy a replacement.  When originally released this would have made Sega money (and they could send out "refurbished" units that got sent back).  Now it is just irritating for those of us who want to play games. Bad Sega.  Bad Dreamcast. Roll over.

On topic: they are 1/3 of the way to their goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back