Running Shell Script On User Login

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I have a script to load the samba client, I just need a way to run it when my user account is started.
I have tried /etc/modules and putting in runlevels 3 and 5.
Any ideas?

You don't want to autorun a script, just put the commands at the begining of rc.sysinit (if that's still the script that starts the menu in 2.0).

Oh, and wrong forum. This is the place to discuss linux on the gp32.

You don't want to autorun a script, just put the commands at the begining of rc.sysinit (if that's still the script that starts the menu in 2.0).

Opps sorry I saw the Linux and thought was the right one, I will look for the file you have suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
...what exactly is samba? I have been wondering, I thought it was just seeing your gp2x as a network drive.
google search result #1 ;) :
Samba is an Open Source/Free Software suite that has, since 1992, provided file and print services to all manner of SMB/CIFS clients, including the numerous versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems. Samba is freely available under the GNU General Public License.
Latest News

...what exactly is samba? I have been wondering, I thought it was just seeing your gp2x as a network drive.

but theres two ways also server and client. Server lets windows see the gp2x and the client lets the gp3x see windows. Its the best way for development, and I want to auto start it instead of typing in the commands every time.

I tried that with a route command, I inserted it right after the #!/bin/sh line, and it doesn't work.

hey woogal, it works! The client is starting, although the mount command does not, but its a step closer!

Back