Running Pokerstars

mr.mike

Still Fresh
Hey guys! I was just wondering if it will be possible to run poker programs like from pokerstars.com. now i realize this is a pc software and stuff and wine is not working on the pandora handheld but isnt there any way to get this running?

mr.mike said:
Hey guys! I was just wondering if it will be possible to run poker programs like from pokerstars.com. now i realize this is a pc software and stuff and wine is not working on the pandora handheld but isnt there any way to get this running?
Not unless someone can wheedle the source code out of them, I reckon a big sack of money should just about do it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a good question.

pokerroom.com has a Java client. I miss a few freeplay tourneys now and then I could join if I had a Java capable mobile browser.

I'm getting a new phone from work - HTC s620 - it's not a great phone but its WinMobile 6. Java but no Flash as far I know.

OMAP 850 device. 320x240 screen. Hmmm...... Think I'll have a look at the SDK

Unfathomable Depths said:
Thats a good question.

pokerroom.com has a Java client. I miss a few freeplay tourneys now and then I could join if I had a Java capable mobile browser.

I'm getting a new phone from work - HTC s620 - it's not a great phone but its WinMobile 6. Java but no Flash as far I know.

OMAP 850 device. 320x240 screen. Hmmm...... Think I'll have a look at the SDK
There are 2 open source-poker-clients available
One option would be pokerTH. You can't play for money and only TexasHold'Em, still it's a great client and there's always an open game to join, It might have problems with Pandora's screen resolution but as it uses qt4, rescaling should be easy to implement.
Maybe someone can port pok3D? That's about the best poker-client available, though it's pretty resource intensive and hard to compile (dependency-hell) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back