Rundll32.exe

andius

Website
Visit site
Rundll32.exe is running on my computer and from i can understand it is a common victim of malware and such. Right now it takes up about 90-99% of my system resources. I checked it out, its running from the proper folder and everything. I've run all the popular anti-spyware proggies. I'm at wits end here guys. Anyhelp would be good.
Specs:
-Amd 2400xp
-512 mb ram ddr
-radeon 9800 pro
-running omar's ditro of litestep over
Xp home

Rico

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Hang on, guys. Take a good look at the process name. It might be rundII32.exe or something as a capital I looks exactly the same as a lowercase L. That said, you've done a scan. Rundll just performs the jobs of whatever dll it's executing, so depending on the dll cpu usage could be very high.

lizard808uk

Child of the 80s
Website
Visit site
I had explorer.exe going schizo a while back. Even though its an MS file, it was other stuff causing it.

My problem was I had a lot of viruses and didnt use protection :p

DemonStar55

chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai
Website
demonstar55.phpnet.us
Last edited by a moderator:

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
I had explorer.exe going schizo a while back. Even though its an MS file, it was other stuff causing it.

My problem was I had a lot of viruses and didnt use protection :p
explorer.exe is the main Windows GUI, you can't stop it, it must always be running

Tobriand

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site

My problem was I had a lot of viruses and didnt use protection  :p
explorer.exe is the main Windows GUI, you can't stop it, it must always be running
Actually, that's not *entirely* true; there's a fair few shell replacements that mean you don't need to run it, but TBH I'm so used to it that I've never gotten into alternatives. Ever heard of Litestep? (http://www.litestep.net)

DemonStar55

chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai
Website
demonstar55.phpnet.us

andius

Website
Visit site
Rundll32.exe is running on my computer and from i can understand it is a common victim of malware and such. Right now it takes up about 90-99% of my system resources. I checked it out, its running from the proper folder and everything. I've run all the popular anti-spyware proggies. I'm at wits end here guys. Anyhelp would be good.
Specs:
-Amd 2400xp
-512 mb ram ddr
-radeon 9800 pro
-running omar's ditro of litestep over
Xp home

I'am running litestep incidently :blink: