Romset

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
Hi

first of all, this is not a post asking for a romset! I don't want to know where I can obtain a set like this. My Question is regarding the name of such a set. What would it be named like? What would be the filename?

thanks for your help

Horscht

Oh, I was asking this in the Castaway forum (you probably clicked on the link on the front page). So my question was: what would an ATARIST Romset be called?

I *think* Good* is only for videogame consoles, computer stuff is collected in Tosec archives. I'm not completely sure, because my emulation days ended... with HLE's release ;)
Btw, those are diskimages, not roms.

Horscht: Don is almost right, GoodSETs are more about consoles or better say games in general, as there is already GoodCPC (Amstrad CPC) and others. But no Atari ST yet.
You can find Atari sets under the header of Tosec (there are the DATs, not ROMs). The ones you will be probably looking for are Atari ST Games and Atari ST Compilations.

thank you very much don and white falcon! May the force be with you :lol: .

Now, let me go to my favourite webpage: google.

You'd want to look for crack sets, like Automation, SuperGAU / GAU, Pompei Pirates and others; the ST games database (stgames.txt in the GP32 distribution in the AtariST directory) shows a listing of what games are on what disks (names may change depending where oyu get them), but you can find things pretty easily.

jeff

But you will have to take to using the one-game-per-disk files often as the games on menu disks tend to be corrupt (Metal Mutant...) or the menu has trouble in Castaway (some Automations menu disks).

Yes, its good to have the compilations and also separate games. But in the Tosec Atari ST Games set there are not many games yet os its better to just find some place with other game disks than Tosec keeps record of now ;)

Original roms are hard to find for the ST, unfortunately my entire ST collection got thrown out so cant convert any of them so i'm stuck with the Pompey,Medway,Automation compilations for gp32, some work some dont its just pot luck. I dont think many original ones would work anyway due to the copy protection but I could be wrong

yeah, most of the original disks have protection, so they're difficult to rip and hence most are long lost due to bitrot by now; most ST games live on through the pirate cracks, so at this time the pirates have done a great service to history oddly enough. The .ST and .MSA formats were formats from back in the day, just simple raw rips (with MSA having per-track compression), so work for unprotected disks. Theres a new format .STT that the latest CaSTaway/GP supports, that can work better with rippingprotected disks.. but I've not found any .STT disk images to try with :)

jeff

Back