GP 32

Still Fresh
I remember when i played "Rise Of The Dragon"

Can i play it on my GP32?

What do i need?

Do i have to have the original game?

Please provide me with info.

I'm not sure:

An amiga emulator is in the works, which would allow you to (hopefully) play that game.

Also, Rise of the Dragon was released on the PC by Sierra...does anyone know if it will run on Sarien?

(Sarien is sort-of an emulator for old Sierra adventure games, but I don't think that RotD is old enough to work with Sarien. I havn't tried it though.)

Is an Amiga emu in the works? Who from? So far as I know, there's been an awful lot of talk about amiga-emus, but no-one's actually said they'll do one.

Sarien almost certainly wouldn't be able to do it - its pricipally for the Space Quest/Leisure Suit Larry 16 colour games done with their original system. Basically, anything that was 16 colours and was controlled almost exclusively with the keyboard (perhaps some options menus could get got with mouse, but not much more) will prolly work on Sarien; not much more.

Thanks for the Sarien info...as you could probably tell, I know next-to-nothing about it.

Please forgive me if I was spreading untrue rumors, but I thought I heard that the latest programming competition opened up entries for Amiga Emulators (among other things) by request...which would imply that someone is working on one and intends to enter it in the contest.

If someone could confirm or deny this I would very much appreciate it!

I hope someone is working on one, and comes forward, but as far as I know the emu contest opened up to more entries at the same time as the huge post on these forums with a bunch of people begging for an Amiga emulator. The site for the emu contest only shows Ryleh and his MAME emulator as a current entry, so I'm guessing they just took the fact that there was enough demand for an Amiga emulator and added it to the possible lists.

Not affiliated with the contest and not sure though!

Sarien is actually an open source implementation of the Sierra Adventure Game Interpreter
(AGI). Sierra used this interpreter for its early adventure games till 1988. If you ever played
one of these games, you will probably remember it's menu and text parser which was basically
the same for all AGI games. AFAIR there was no mouse support for these games not even
for the menus.

You can find a complete list of AGI games here: http://www.classicgaming.com/agisci/sierragi.shtml.

1989 Sierra introduced SCI, which featured better resolutions, point and click bars and therefore,
of course, mouse support in the many versions to come. Googling for "Rise of the Dragon" I found
out that it was released 1990, so it was probably SCI version 0 or 01.

There is a nice emu scene, developing homebrew AGI adventures until today, which would be interesting
for the GP32, if it wasn't for the text parser. I never used Sarien on the GP32 though, so I don't know
how this is solved.

I remember when i played "Rise Of The Dragon"
Me too.

Can i play it on my GP32?
No.

What do i need?
A PC Machine, an Amiga, or a Sega 32x, and a copy of the game.

Do i have to have the original game?
No, you could copy it I s'pose.

Please provide me with info.
eBay.com has lots of computers and software for sale.

Flack

Flack posted on Apr 24 2003 said:
What do i need?
A PC Machine, an Amiga, or a Sega 32x, and a copy of the game.

Actually, it's a Sega CD, not a 32x.
Not trying to be nitpicky, but if he actually ends up buying the stuff, I'd hate for him to buy the wrong thing.

I had it for my SegaCD, it was great.

You guys are probably right about the lack of an Amiga emulator in progress. Sorry to have jumped to a wrong conclusion and get everyone all excited for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, thx. I knew it was "one of the Sega things I never owned" but wasn't sure which one.

Flack

Back