Revoloution Revealed

mr twit posted on May 18 2005 at 04:40 PM said:
lubidog posted on May 18 2005 at 03:46 PM said:
But come on, the specs can't lie!!!!
Why does everyone think higher specs are going to instantly create astounding graphics? People still need to make the games!!! A game with as good graphics as Shrek 2 or Finding Nemo is going to take as long as cost as much as Shrek 2 or Finding Nemo! Now I don't know how many hundreds of millions of dollars EA have, but I doubt many producers could afford that, and I don't fancy waiting 5 years for each game!

Jeez, some of you guys are just SO....strange!!!

What's the anger about? Do you not want progress? Why should all the companies close down? Maybe they might have to make fewer BETTER games, due to there being more possibilities etc. But all this anger, and stupid statements like "the gra[hics on the PS3 will be the same as on the Xbox or Revolution!" HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW?????????????????????????? They ain't the same now, with the three systems we've got! And better graphics DO matter, along with all the other constituents that make a gaming experience.

I see it like this, say I'm a painter ("You're a painter" ithankyou!), you give me a piece of paper, and 3 colours. I could do a nice picture. Give me 5 colours it could be a little better. Give me thousands and I will give you a masterpiece!

You get my drift!

But again, why the anger! I couldn't give a toss about specs in themselves. But if they lead to more POSSIBILITIES then whoohooooo!!!!!

So again,

Bloody fanboiz!

Last edited by a moderator:
even with just 1, "the color blue" sold for a few milions, JSUT A FUCKING BLUE PICTURE, JSUT PLAIN BLUE, i mean wth?

another take on the 'more isn't necessarily better' point of view: Xbox 1 is well known to be FAR more powerful than the PS2... and yet, I love and play my PS2 far more than my Xbox (not counting emulators on it, which before I had access to those, my Xbox hardly got any play at all). Just another version of the same point... all the power in the world doesn't matter, it's what the developers do with it. Now, on the other hand, my Xbox has WOWED me more times than my PS2 has, with it's sheer graphics muscle... it's just that there are not enough of the games and kinds of games I like on the system for it to be my favorite.

You all keep going in circles... this is real "which came first the chicken or the egg" stuff you guys are debating.

bottom line here is indisputable though, it will ALWAYS be the games, at least for true gamers...

M$'s biggest challenge this time around will be to get that 3rd party support... offer sweet deals, incentives or WHATEVER it takes to get companies to bring their best games over to the 360 or to create fantastic 360-only games. They really NEED to focus more on Japan and make the 360 a success there to get the Japanese developers to back the system 100%, as guys like me are way more into the Japanese 'flavor' of games vs. the US/Euro FPS/RTS/sim stuff. I like crazy platformers with weird Japanese characters and Japanese RPG's and shooters (no the FPS kind!) and 1 on 1 fighters. They need to differentiate the 360 from being just a simple PC you hook up to your TV.

I just read an article in Play magazine where they interviewed the guy in charge of M$'s marketing in Japan (sorry forgot his name) and I was impressed because he outright admitted that they really screwed up with the Xbox 1 in Japan, and quite honestly, didn't take the Japanese market seriously enough, and they realize they paid the price for that. They are putting a LOT more emphasis on the Japanese market this time around and are trying desperately to get working relationships with the big Japanese developers and getting them to jump in head first into the 360. If they succeed, then IMO, less powerful or not than PS3 they will have a very good chance of taking Sony head on.

I agree that more opportunities do not always mean better games, but we have to keep giving game developers the tools to make games 'better'.

Stands to reason! I am really looking forward to the the mario ds game, mainly 2D fair but looking such fun.

But why the animosity towards progress here? If one day that Killzone preview becomes reality then Whoopidoo, no matter what platform it's on!

Back