skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Anyone notice a growing trend in console design these days

e3-2005-revolution-revealed-20050517010646774_thumb.jpg

few more details ...

----
Revolution will be "two-to-three times more powerful than GameCube," according to Nintendo, which also acknowledges that the next-generation race isn't solely about new technologies. By contrast, Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is 13-15 times more powerful than the first, according to the publisher. And Sony says it's PlayStation 3 is roughly 35 times more powerful than PlayStation 2.

Nintendo also revealed that using Revolution's new Wi-Fi connection, gamers would be able to go online to a free gamer-matching service. Interestingly, in a move similar to Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade service, Revolution users will be able to download classic and new Nintendo games over the Internet. Nintendo cited such examples as Donkey Kong and Super Mario Sunshine, which suggests that Revolutionaries could have access to games for all the publisher's previous consoles.
---

Sounds like the revoloution is going to be quite underpowered in comparison to the others!

Attachments

• e3-2005-revolution-revealed-20050517010646774_thumb.jpg
    e3-2005-revolution-revealed-20050517010646774_thumb.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 162
Yeah but wasn't this pretty commonly thought already? Nintendo have seemed to go out of their way to de-emphasize the importance of graphics muscle in this coming generation and have almost outright said that they aren't going to try to make the most powerful system out there, that they are going to concentrate their efforts on making the games more fun and innovative.

And damn... ANOTHER ugly system... the pic is too small though so can't tell much but yeah I agree with the 'growing trend' part.

I'm still watching the video of the PS3 Pre-E3 press conference. This thing looks to have amazing potential, and graphically, looks to be a far leap ahead of even the best and most powerful of gaming PC hardware... this is gonna be great :D

how long did it take to design it,1 minute?i hope they didn't actually pay someone to do it

yeah, i think it's my favorite design so far as well.
and as long as the thing has default hdtv output, then it's good

Looks a bit like a PS2.

So far, based on the inside specs it's PS3 for me, for the looks it's the XBOX360.

I dont know where that leaves Nintendo.

Kop_007 posted on May 17 2005 at 04:09 PM said:
Looks a bit like a PS2.

So far, based on the inside specs it's PS3 for me, for the looks it's the XBOX360.

Far, far away....

But maybe Ninty will surprise us all!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm open to anything (oo err), I have no allegience to Micrsoft, Sony or Nintendo.

Let the console war begin.

e3-2005-floor-sneaks-20050516093008990.jpg

from IGN, pictures of the E3 show floor

this look like it will be a nintendo stand due to all the shapes resembling nintendo logos

what i find odd is that tehre appears to be chairs facing out with screens on both the inside and out

possible strengthening the whole VR arguement?

Attachments

• e3-2005-floor-sneaks-20050516093008990.jpg
    e3-2005-floor-sneaks-20050516093008990.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 168
there has yet to be one backlash against the PS3, XBOX360 and Rev

there are merely 3 threads for 3 consoles so that people who do care can post rumours etc.

well c0ncept, while the sig is true. Market-wise, it's very -dumb- to release something vastly under the expected specs of the market.

Wow.. noly 2-3 times more powerful?!?!?!
I'm with you RoboJoe32, that is BAD news for Nintendo man... most consumers are probably just going to look at the graphical leaps of the next two systems and brush the Revolution aside... I hope not.

One things for damn sure- it'll sure as hell be alot cheaper than the other two systems

Kop_007 posted on May 17 2005 at 04:09 PM said:
Looks a bit like a PS2.

In the dust?

Honestly the PS3 absolutely blows everything else away. The moral? Don't fuck with Sony, they will DESTROY you. I am suprised that the cought Microsoft and Nintendo napping like they did. With all of their money and they will release a system half as powerful as the PS3. I would have thought it to be a little closer in power. 360 stuff looks like buffed up PC games, the PS3 stuff looks real. I have a feeling that the 360 will bomb. Everyone will just wait on the sidelines for the better PS3, it is only 6 months away from the 360, and it even plays HD Bluray movies. If I were MS I would scrap the 360 now and either get out of the game business, or come back in 5 years with some real hardware.

And before you lable me a Sony fanboi, in this current generation I like the Xbox best, I haven't touched my PS2 for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 times more powerful is enough, look at the current graphics, they're highly detailed, some games blow me away. loading times don't bother me at all anymore.
Games will only be made well if companies spend the time to make them well. And I can't see any company using all of any of the next generations specs because it'll just be to time consuming for effects that don't make that much of a difference with the preview pics I've seen.
With this design, I belive the PGC more too. I love the look so plain and stylish.

im not gonna go all fanboy now (or at least try not to)

nintendo must have something good in the pipeline, becase if there console can only play games in the same way the xbox360 and ps3 can then its gonan blow

but i really think ninty has something else in mind otherwise they wouldve realised that the graphics were important

but they really need to wow people with software or hardware other than the processor

Just watched the Ninty conference, though I missed most of it. I'm a little annoyed that they revealed so little about the Revolution, but what they did say impressed me. It looks astounding, and the ability to download nes, snes and n64 games to it sounds brilliant.
Judging by the screenshots of Xbox 360 and PS3 games (some of which were clearly not in-game footage), I wouldn't be surprised if the Rev had comparable graphics. I mean what game is ever going to need 35 times the power of the xbox or whatever? They will be able to astound us with smoother curves! Realistically animated grass! And needlessly shiny cars! I'm certainly not holding my breath.

So...um..heh...whats so revoloutionary?

Back