Retroid Pocket 1 & Retroid Pocket 2

Yes, that's true. Just a shame it's running Android.

Edit: And I wouldn't call it Sega style. It's arcade style on an extended front panel. Maybe there were some Sega systems that had a straight config like that, but on the megadrive at least it was always curved. I'm not sure, in my head sega arcade systems run from Space Fury and the likes then it all goes Super Scaler and the control schemes start to feauture steering wheels and yokes and stuff

Last edited:
Placed my order yesterday after seeing the PSP and NDS performance of this thing. It's too cool to pass up at that price.

Ordered the RP2 a few days ago, with the Gameboy skin, of course 8)

Excellent quality / price ratio in my opinion.

rp2_720.png

It really does seem to have a great price: performance ratio, but it looks so clunky. It would be awesome to have this hardware and (to a lesser extent, software) in an RG350M.

Actually I think that for me, the main argument for these sub $100 handhelds is portability.

I always have the Powkiddy V90 in my pocket when I'm out, the form factor is just perfect - GBA SP style. Though unfortunately it feels really cheap unlike the RG350P. Low specs, mushy DPAD, overall poor build quality, terrible screen refresh etc.

What I really want is a V90 with the build quality / specs / software of the RG350P. I think that would be perfect :cool:

I really didn't need this RP2, but just couldn't resist the Gameboy aesthetics :p

For any serious portable gaming, my favorite thing is the GPD XD+ with CleanRom. I wish they'll make a successor soon :)

I was a fan of the GPD Win series - got the Win 1 and still have the Win 2, but now I think that they are an overkill for what I need, so I didn't get the Win Max.

You sure can do way more with the Win series but I don't find the need for it anymore, and Windows 10 is terrible UI for a handheld.

Also, I have a powerful desktop PC for serious gaming - and I find playing such games on a 120" 4K projector works better :D

v90.png

But where to buy (in germany)? ED does not have it in his shop, strange.

I'm in France so I don't know, but I got mine from goretroid.com

I've just received my RP2 with the DMG skin, after around 6 weeks. First impression, it's beautiful! The build quality and feel is crazy good!

The RG350P was already impressive, but I think this RP2 looks even better, and it can do way more thanks to Android and its superior specs.

These Chinese handhelds are doing it, they're starting to look and feel better than the original Japanese consoles o.o

I think I will get a second one just for local multiplayer 8)

2020-10-09-15.57.png

Last edited:
I have no real experience with Android but since it's very common on Smartphones and has a huge software base, it sounds logical to power a retro-emulator-Handheld with it. :) I also hear alot good things about the RG350 (Family). I wonder how both devices compare. The RG350 even has an all metal case version, noice! ^^ But even the plastic cases are looking great, I like the many different colours of the RP2. Built quality looks indeed very good for these China devices. They got better and better. Almost weird that ED had so many difficulties with the Pyra Case, although it was made in the EU.

Back