Retro-Gaming Poll

How many game cartridges do you own? (optical media and SD-cards not included)

• Less than 10

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 10-20

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 20-50

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 50-100

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • More than 100

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • WAY more than 100 :)

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Matthias_H

Hi,

I'd really love to know how many classic game cartridges (say, Atari VCS2600 to N64) people own in here. As for myself, it's something around 35, but always looking out for more :)

Cheers,
Matthias

I have waaaaay more than a hundred if you include Megadrive, SNES, N64, GameBoy, GameBoy Color and DS. I've probably got 100+ for the N64 alone...

iprice said:
I have waaaaay more than a hundred if you include Megadrive, SNES, N64, GameBoy, GameBoy Color and DS. I've probably got 100+ for the N64 alone...
No problem. I just added the appropriate poll option :)

Last edited by a moderator:
iprice said:
I think I just coined a new term: Jesus I. Price.

Usage: "Jesus I. Price that's a lot of carts!"

Woah... most of the people own less than 10 carts? That scares the Bejesus I. price out of me. What the hell do these people want here?

Anyway, I probably own over 100 carts. I have NES,SNES, Master System and Genesis Carts that fill a shelf on their own. Couple of vectrex, gb, gbc, gba and NDS games aswell but not that many. Oh and Neogeo MVS: 1 cartridge... damn I need way more of those! Anybody want to get rid of their MVS collection? ^^

EDIT: lol just noticed that "most of the people" was 3 people at the time I voted. So yeah, not as bad as I thought.

xnopasaranx said:
Woah... most of the people own less than 10 carts? That scares the Bejesus I. price out of me. What the hell do these people want here?

Odd, isn't it? I placed a similar poll on my own website, and there the option "more than 100" got more votes than all others combined.

i chose less than ten, other than pokemon mini pinball in the kitchen drawer (dunno why its even there i never had a pokemon mini thing to play it on)i sold all my stuff over the last few years, i only have my dingoo for retro stuff, i dont have much spare time anymore, 2 kids, work etc etc

I've just started using http://www.gcstar.org/ to catalogue my geeky collection

I think I had around 140ish carts

Mostly Megadrive

Matthias_H said:
iprice said:
No problem. I just added the appropriate poll option :)

Gruso said:
iprice said:
I think I just coined a new term: Jesus I. Price.

Usage: "Jesus I. Price that's a lot of carts!"

LOL.

megadrivebitch.jpg

I have about 200 for the megadrive then maybe another 150 all together

Rabbits with hats, I freaking love you!

I only have 75 mega drive games. I do have rare ones though. I bought Maximum Carnage for 1p, I have 2 copies of GAIARES and 2 shining in the darkness (that would be 77 in essence as 75 are non repeats), some japanese stuff and my mega drive is Asian and region modded.

Yoshi Dragon said:
In the last 20+ years, I've collected about 400 carts in total, including 50 AES titles (KoF 2K2 is missing on the pic) B)

aesx.png

I bet the AES collection cost a lot?

I have just under 50, including some games I've kept in the plastic wrapping without even opening. I now feel ashamed of selling a bunch of carts on eBay. I have Lynx, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, Master System, Genesis, NES, SNES, and SFC carts... I don't even have the space for them, so they're all crammed in a drawer. It bugs the hell out of me, but it's better than having them clutter up my desk.

Anyway, I think there should be an optical disc poll! I have way too many to count, and I keep most of the PC games in stacks.
Hey, does anyone have a spare Game Gear laying around? Mine just broke.

Com64 said:
I have just under 50, including some games I've kept in the plastic wrapping without even opening. I now feel ashamed of selling a bunch of carts on eBay. I have Lynx, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, Master System, Genesis, NES, SNES, and SFC carts... I don't even have the space for them, so they're all crammed in a drawer. It bugs the hell out of me, but it's better than having them clutter up my desk.

Anyway, I think there should be an optical disc poll! I have way too many to count, and I keep most of the PC games in stacks.
Hey, does anyone have a spare Game Gear laying around? Mine just broke.

I have a Game Gear but it's my only one. what seems to be the problem with it?

TransGaming said:

I only have 75 mega drive games. I do have rare ones though. I bought Maximum Carnage for 1p, I have 2 copies of GAIARES and 2 shining in the darkness (that would be 77 in essence as 75 are non repeats), some japanese stuff and my mega drive is Asian and region modded.

ah cheers. And that sounds like a good collection, if its one thing my collection is missing its rare games. I dont have any of the one you named. I have got a few rare ones tho such as probotector and streets of rage 3.

Here is a nearly complete list of my megadrive games if anyone is interested.

rabbits with hats said:
TransGaming said:

ah cheers. And that sounds like a good collection, if its one thing my collection is missing its rare games. I dont have any of the one you named. I have got a few rare ones tho such as probotector and streets of rage 3.

Here is a nearly complete list of my megadrive games if anyone is interested.

that looks like some collection, rabbit. I have literally 4 mega drives in my room. 1 asian HDG model 1 is my main one, a european model 1 HDG is going to my friend, another HDG one is going to texas and a model 2 is being used for my portable project. :)

Back