Resoldered L button from L1 to L2.

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
Hi !

I changed my L1 button, 'cause it was always on.
Unfortunately, it's not related to the switch.
So i resoldered the left L1 pin to the upper L2.
My L button now activates L2.
When i push L, i print the '+' character.

1- How do i disable the still always pushed down L1 ? This is annoying when in pure console, 'cause shift is always on.
2- How do i change the L2 from '+' to 'shift' ?

Last edited:
Yeah they're both the same now.

I read on the manual it's the 97 gpio code, but i don't know how to use this information.

Some pictures:

DSC05356.JPG

DSC05357.JPG

DSC05358.JPG

DSC05359.JPG

Keycode of left shoulderbutton ist 62 and mapped to Shift_R. Right one is 105, and usually mapped to Ctrl_R.

The first one could probably be amended by doing

Code:
xmodmap -e 'remove shift = Shift_R'
in a terminal. This should already be sufficient to mute the shoulder button, but for good measure you could add

Code:
xmodmap -e 'keycode 62 = '

If that works, you put the two lines

Code:
remove shift = Shift_R

keycode 62 =

in your ~/.pndXmodmap file (at the end).

You could do the analogue with the 105. My reluctance to recommend that stems from the fact that the 105 doesn't seem to be specified in the ~/.pndXmodmap - and it is usually mapped to the Ctrl_R, but prints a plus in your case. You can try, analogue to the above,

Code:
remove control = Control_R

keycode 105 = Shift_R NoSymbol Shift_R

add shift = Shift_R

... but I'd take a look before. You could post the result of

Code:
xmodmap -pke | grep 105

and have a look at "Start - Settings - Desktop - Keyboard", Tab "Application shortcuts" if this is messing with the button and remove those settings, if it does.

(There are probably also layers of keyboard mapping unknown to me. I'd very much appreciate hints on those.)

hth, bukkit

Well, i will try this, thanks.

Anyway, i'm more looking for pure terminal advices, as it's where the trouble is really annoying.

Back