Repo site tagged as "Dangerous" by chrome

The google report as I read it suggested that there was a link somewhere to something that's these days considered to be malicious in some way. Given the number of links that thing can contain, it could be a lot of places, but my guess it one of the homepage links has expired and been picked up by someone with less than polite intentions.

first forcing to https even for sites where you don't even enter any data) and now something like this is ridiculous. Do they want to break the web?

I do hate that they force https, although I am surprised iframes have lasted this long (I've never liked them).

Hope it's all sorted soon though, and without too much trouble.

The google report as I read it suggested that there was a link somewhere to something that's these days considered to be malicious in some way. Given the number of links that thing can contain, it could be a lot of places, but my guess it one of the homepage links has expired and been picked up by someone with less than polite intentions.
I've got the sites in google search console, so I know the URLs that google didn't like.
And for the boards, the only one was the one with the Pandora site embedded with an iframe, so I'm sure about that.

But the repo doesn't list any URL, that's the problem. They're algorithm thinks the repo itself is malicious.

ugh... this sucks. I hate that they are enforcing this in the way they do. It's the same with logins from a new computer/geolocation... instead of just notifying the user they raise all alarmbells and I have to explain to my mom that she hasn't been hacked when she tries to access her email from abroad. Getting admins to secure their websites decently by forcing everyone to use SSL is great, but it would be nice if they went about it a little less panicky.

I came here to report the issue too. Thanks for being so responsive.

It is very irritating that full screen warnings are given with very little information to allow a diagnosis of what actually caused the warning. It must be both frustrating and irritating for site owners.

When I access the forums now, no warning appears.

Edit to add:

I can see I am guilty of not providing enough debugging information.

The URL I was accessing was: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/
The browser in use was Mozilla Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit)
I did not have the presence of mind to capture a screen-dump. Sorry.

Accessing the same url with the same browser now produces no warning message.

Last edited:
I still get the message below when I try to access this forum using chrome. I had to access the forum using edge

unknown.png

[doublepost=1546862467,1546860776][/doublepost]Update: Just tried again and it's now working again under chrome

@vcoleiro1 - if you missed this from the top of the boards:

"No worries, we are not compromised!
When visiting the site, you will probably receive an information that there's harmful content on the website. There is not ans hasn't been. We implemented the old Pandora HTML5 website YEARS ago into the new site using an iframe - and this is now considered to be harmful by Google. This has now been fixed. A review can take up to 72 hours and I can't update the SSL certs until then, so it can take a bit until we're back to normal. The repo might be a bit more complicated: Google doesn't even REPORT what's considered to be harmful there. The site has not been compromised and doesn't have a virus (just checked it), but for some reason, Google dislikes something about it. I've requested a review, hopefully this will solve things."

seems like it is resolved now, I can access repo and forum again with no "OMG everything has been haxx0red!!11!!" nag screens.

Back