Release [REPO] Litecoin - 0.6.3.4 - Update

Repository

preview1.png
Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin optimized for CPU mining using scrypt as a proof of work scheme.
Get it from here!

Alright, so I downloaded this client ... and I'm trying to download the block chain. However the download eventually stalls, and if I restart the app, it crashes when loading the block chain.

Have you (or anybody) successfully downloaded the blockchain using this app?

I downloaded first time i tested it and updated right now without any problem.

It takes 1 day to download, and sometimes it seems is stalled but it will finish eventually.

You will need to delete blockchain and download again, maybe files are corrupted.

Ist it effective enough to mine them on a CPU?
Have a Spare 3770K setup here, would be cool to make some money with mining on that.
The CPU should have enough power:)

Ist it effective enough to mine them on a CPU? Have a Spare 3770K setup here, would be cool to make some money with mining on that. The CPU should have enough power:)
The little I know, Litecoin is more CPU friendly. To what extent, I don't really know. I'm a very nooby.

Canseco, I have a question for you.

I see that there was an option to show QR code if you wan to receive coins. Does that QR code thing work? I didn't see anything...

I'm no really interested in mining on my pandora. But I tried on my main computer and ran in to an issue that googling didn't answer to my satisfaction.

I got synced without problem, but when I try mining it just says 0 hashes per second, anyone have insights on this?

The client I tried is the Litecoin-QT for Linux straight from litecoin.org

Qrcode doesn't work, but i can try again to compile with it.
Thanks for continuing to take a look at it!

As I get more into crypto currency, I will certainly come to rely more and more on you app.

I have figured that perhaps the safest place to keep my wallet is on my Pandora, with the wallet.dat encrypted and constantly being backed up to a secure location using BitTorrent Sync. Even if my SD card dies, there is always a backup of the wallet.dat somewhere else.

So getting the app as fully functioning would be great. In addition, if your willing to give it some time, getting the window to actually fit the Pandora screen would also be a super help. I know you've given it time before ... so thanks for your effort.

Qrcode doesn't work, but i can try again to compile with it.
I have figured that perhaps the safest place to keep my wallet is on my Pandora, with the wallet.dat encrypted and constantly being backed up to a secure location using BitTorrent Sync. Even if my SD card dies, there is always a backup of the wallet.dat somewhere else.
Make sure you don't get your Pandora stolen, though :)

You can disregard my earlier post, I tried again and it started hashing away.

But according to my math, it would take several years of nonstop running at 100% to get one block...

Don't know if my math is off, but I don't feel like wearing out my hardware for that little trickle of litecoins.

Your math seems accurate. As i said before, joining a pool is the best option, as solo mining, unless you have a few gpus, fpga or asic boards, is not very useful.

Back