Replacing Wav Files?

trilobite

Still Fresh
I have one particular TG16-CD game I'd like to customize, so-to-speak. I'm using Temper (v0.75) on a Caanoo, through Ginge. I have made a copy of the game folder I'm working with. Replaced the appropriate music WAV files with the customized ones, naming them accordingly, and dropping them into the main folder with all of the other pieces. The copied game won't run. I've dropped OGG and MP3 versions into the folder for good measure and still nothing.

Is what I'm trying even possible, and has anyone done it successfully and can walk me through it?

I´m not sure such is possible.
If you are trying to substitute music from a game, it may depend on if the game checks for its original music or not.
If it does, then you may not change it easily.

Crap. I suppose I'm looking at coding issues and things that are waaaay off my head, then, eh?

Well... If I were you, I'd try making the new WAV files the same length and size as the originals. I don't know if that will make a difference, but it'd probably at least give you a better chance of having it work.

Tried that, sadly. I have an emulator on my Android phone that was having issues as well. That solution was a resampling issue and I resaved the WAVs at 44.1. Works fine there. On the Cannoo, not so much.

Back