Replacement Casing?

back to MY topic... ;-p

Can anyone offer any official comment on whether any replacement case I might order is going to be any better ? I am not interested in spending $$ on "lucky dips".

So far the email I have sent to gp2xorders@gmail.com has not received a reply (and that was just asking about shipping).

<sigh>

good question OP i would like to know this as well since i have a hole in the hinge of my pandora, i can only assume so far that it will be a lucky dip! :/

^

What Hotfix are you running?
Was HF6 RC but grabbed HF6 final last night. Took battery out for 10-15 mins after an Altered Beast Marathon to drain battery fully and charged overnight. Have 100% today - excellent

Does this board have any rules about hijacking threads ?!

C'mon guys, if you want to talk about stuff OTHER than case problems, have the decency to start your own thread and move your talk over to there - it's common courtesy!

Again, this thread is meant to be about CASINGS (only)!

I replaced my first case as it was cracking.. Now my second case is cracking and squeaking and wasn't shipped in the nicest way or with screws ( thanks Craig)

Thanks for everyone's input.

I still have not had any OFFICIAL answer about whether I can actually for real get another casing and whether it will be any better.

I have emailed an address on a website I found on these forums, as well as emailing an address ED put up in one of his posts. Am I likely to receive a reply to these in any timely manner ? Or am I destined to join the ranks of what I perceive from these forums as quite a number of frustrated Pandora users who seek communication to resolve issues with their Pandora(s) ?!?

^ I can't comment on the e-mail situation, but the post that I linked to before was from an official source. :p

The answer taken from that, basically, is that you could get another casing, but chances are that the same could reoccur.

If you can wait a bit longer, though, ED has mentioned that he'll soon be receiving a sample of the revised casing, which is expected to reduce or eliminate the weak points that cause the cracks in the first place. (I'm guessing that those will go into production early next year, though.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back