Remapping Pandora's Keyboard

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
I wrote a tutorial for using slaeshjag's Keyboard Layout Changer and creating custom keymaps:
http://pandorawiki.org/Keyboard_layout_changer

Possible uses are for typing in a different language on your Pandora, for using an external keyboard, or simply for making small key modifications.

Hope everything's accurate and that it helps some people.

Which hotfix are you using? Have you run sebt3's latest pnd-run.sh installer?

(my answers: HF5, and yes. Maybe I should mention that in the tutorial, if that's why it works for me)

slaeshjag said:
It should not be /kblayout.pnd, that's an outdated version. The latest on is in /pnd/kblayout.pnd
You should change the link on the first post of the official forum thread then, because that's where I got it from.

I updated the wiki article now so that it points to the latest versions on your site and the Repo.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool. The app works great.

Nevertheless, I have a question about further improvements.

I tried to create a link in the task panel so that I can start the app easily without going into menu. Somehow, it's not clear for me, what command (you should assign a name, an icon and a command) I should take. I tried to take the app itself in the folder where I put it, but it can't be started via such links.

Then it would be great to change the layouts just by clicking on the icon. Is it possible? With an additional config file (where you write the actual layout, or a couple of them and rotate with a simple if then else script) and script? I have no idea, I'm a noob in linux and pandora. But that would be awesome.

Peamur said:
That's cool. The app works great.

Nevertheless, I have a question about further improvements.

I tried to create a link in the task panel so that I can start the app easily without going into menu. Somehow, it's not clear for me, what command (you should assign a name, an icon and a command) I should take. I tried to take the app itself in the folder where I put it, but it can't be started via such links.
I just put it in the /pandora/desktop folder, so it shows up on the desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back