Release: PyQt 4.8.5 (BETA) for Qt 4.7.0

Works a treat! I ran a pyqt4 based Tetris game and she ran fine.

Good to hear!!!

Indeed, some apps may run fine, but they will fail if they need any file in the plugins/ folder. Unfortunately the qt build search for them at the /mnt/utmp/kde-libs/plugins and a simple symbolic link works around. But I dont know why other problem appear when I do this (cant resize windows).
Just happened upon this thread and noticed this. It seems you might have used my tutorial on compiling qt. Any place that uses /mnt/utmp/kde-libs in the config/mkspec files for building qt stuff should point instead to the directory of the pnd you are building. I have to do this each time I use my qt in a different pnd.(recently did with my compilation of mumble)

Hope that helps making a cleaner environment!

Is this still active? I haven't been able to run my pyQT programs since Hotfix 6.

Can't help right now. Hope you can wait a little, since she said she's coming back to me...

EDIT: and sorry for not answering before. I have been very busy since January
Thanks a lot for the reply. Is good to know that it's still alive. No worries for the delay, I have lots of projects, so can always stop one and continue with another :)

Hi,

is this project still alive? I'm trying to use python with pyqt (the installer from repo) and get the same reinstall-error. I'm using the newest version of the firmware, anybody got that running?

stratego

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

Has anybody tried this with Hotfix 6 installed? It doesn't work for me. pyqt-run shows an error message saying I should reinstall it.

I would like to write some scripts for my work, and PyQt has offered as quick solution!

I apologize for my bad english! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The installer from the repo is NOT working - just tried it yesterday and pyqt-run command gives a segmentation error when I try to run even a simple application... anyone had more success?

Back