Rechargable Batteries For Gp2x

Batman2

Still Fresh
I have been looking at the situation with the battery and everything.

This is a battery & charger I have been thinking about getting.

The Uniross Sprint 1 Hour charger is supplied with four state of the art Uniross 2500mAh Ultra High capacity AA NiMH batteries which are ideal for use in digital cameras and all other high drain devices.

£23.99
UK delivery +£2.95

http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/Uniross-spri...-rc103155-A.htm

gp32_console
Batman2.

I got the exact same set except with 2300mah instead of 2500mah for much cheaper than that from ebay.

Give it a look.

edit- in fact it was about £10 cheaper which is more than enough to buy 4x2500mah batteries with. then you will have 8.

I have been looking at the situation with the battery and everything.

This is a battery & charger I have been thinking about getting.

The Uniross Sprint 1 Hour charger is supplied with four state of the art Uniross 2500mAh Ultra High capacity AA NiMH batteries which are ideal for use in digital cameras and all other high drain devices.

£23.99
UK delivery +£2.95

http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/Uniross-spri...-rc103155-A.htm

gp32_console
Batman2.

Costco sell the 2hour version of that for £16. Comes with a car adapter too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, if I've got a universal AC adapter, what sort of mA output will it need to power the GP2X? Does anyone know as yet?

BTW.

Why can't the GP2x recharge its own rechargeable batteries?

The GP32 didn't have any DC input, but doesn't the GP2x has one now?... Reminds me of the Psion: a DC adapter plug right next to a pair of batteries... but no link between them. (I know it's not quite as simple)

Frustrating! My Pronto (remote control) used to do that nicely...

If anyones interested Wilkinsons (UK Highstreet cheapo store) were selling Energizer chargers including 4 x 2500mAh batteries for £18. I think thats where Im going to buy mine, I cant find them anywhere online cheaper like I thought I would be able to. :(

BTW.

Why can't the GP2x recharge its own rechargeable batteries?

The GP32 didn't have any DC input, but doesn't the GP2x has one now?... Reminds me of the Psion: a DC adapter plug right next to a pair of batteries... but no link between them. (I know it's not quite as simple)

Frustrating! My Pronto (remote control) used to do that nicely...
The gp32 did.
It;'s because there is no charger for nimh inside and if you plugged it in with alkaline, it;s blow up.

> The gp32 did.

You're right actually. Not sure why I blanked this.

> It's because there is no charger for nimh inside and if you plugged it in with alkaline, it's blow up.

Still, shame...
Another charger on my already overcrowded multiplug!
JBB

Ninjia you poor sap - I just bought a set like that (with the "compact charger") for $20US. I hope that's one of the faster chargers, as otherwise it's rather steep..

incidently, I keep seeing 'alkaline chargers' advertised. Has anyone got any experience with them? I'm not sure I'd trust putting alkaline batteries in a charger while I sleep...

I'll probably buy an express nimh charger anyway, 8hours to charge is a pain if you have to go out on short notice

Ninjia, it still looks like you're getting stiffed - the one I picked up had the four batteries and the charger could hold four. It takes a full eight and a half hours to charge, but as four batteries leaves a backup set I doubt that'll be a problem.

However, it seems your getting fleeced is a problem all around Britain. It just seems absurd to me that you fellows end up paying nearly in pounds what we pay in dollars.

That's a saddenning thought.

But at least you aren't in Australia. Poor, poor Australia.

Though, actually, stupid people in New York City can buy games as though they were in Europe any time by simply going to any one of numerous highly visible tech shops. Such shops will sell you anything - for too damn much. For example, current GBA games going for seventy dollars with a supposed "list price" of one hundred.

The UK sucks, Not only do we pay ALOT more than most other countries but before we even get the items we are taxed almost 40% (Income tax and VAT) It's like being fisted by a hedgehog.

Back