Reboot After Each Sd Insert

tds48

Okay trying to load stuff on my SD ... my pandora is on.

My steps
1) Eject the SD
2) load it into windows xp - load stuff on
3) Pop it back in pandora
4) file system sees it fine can even browse
5) BUT when trying to load a file in an emulator it says "Failed to execute child process "gnome-mount" .... "

can someone please hit me with terminal commands to "mount" this SD to that i dont need to reboot each time!

thanks

just to make sure, are you putting your apps in pandora/desktop or pandora/menu on the SD card?

Pleng said:
just to make sure, are you putting your apps in pandora/desktop or pandora/menu on the SD card?

Yep ...

Let me try to be more clear ,,,

1) All my apps etc are on SD1 ... roms on SD2

2) I take SD2 out ...loads some roms and put it back in pandora

3) File manager im able to see the directories files on sd2 BUT if i start visual boy advance (on sd1 in deskptop) it opens up the choose rom dialogue

4) when i try and browse the sd2 it gives the error as described?

very weird ... wish i knew what the hell i was doing !

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the OS sees two copies of the card, I saw this earlier when saving a file using Chrome. Probably the old mount still hanging around somehow. Not sure. Of the fix, mount and sudo umount might help. Mid the SD is in use, umount won't work.

Do the SD Cards have the same name? That could confuse the OS.

I had this problem, using one SD card only. It appeared to be working normally (PNDs recognised, able to browse with Thunar etc) until I tried to load a file via an emulator - then I got the mount error.

I had to reflash anyway due to another issue, and it fixed the mount problem.

Gruso said:
I had this problem, using one SD card only. It appeared to be working normally (PNDs recognised, able to browse with Thunar etc) until I tried to load a file via an emulator - then I got the mount error.

I had to reflash anyway due to another issue, and it fixed the mount problem.

Thanks Gruso ... off to find out how to reflash ... :)

^ If you want to betatest HF4 just check the newest release here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55788-hotfix-4-very-first-beta/

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
It worries me that reflash seems to be offered as the solution to all problems. Sure it will change things, but usually it does not fix the real problem.

tsh said:
TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
It worries me that reflash seems to be offered as the solution to all problems. Sure it will change things, but usually it does not fix the real problem.

I hear you ... Did a bit more research and it seems the gnome-mount package must be installed

how do i do that please ... anyone ?

Back