Rca Y Splitter With A Switch To Select?


Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Joined
Jul 2, 2003
Messages
3,035
Age
40
Location
Exeter
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
I want the option for an RCA to either go down one or another of a Y splitter, but I can't find any with a switch to give me that kind of option, just go down both. Can anyone help me out pls?

I only want this as I'm expecting it'll half the power and so be half as quiet down each path if there isn't a switch, as this is what happens with 3.5 jacks with a Y splitter and headphones, is it different for RCA going to a hifi/TV?

Thanks guys :).
 
jcintheus posted on Oct 16 2004 at 02:25 PM said:
I don't think you'll need a switch, not for a video signal.
Have you tried it?
​

You'll get quite a difference in quality as you split a video signal. It's better to buy a powered splitter that can send to one or all of its outputs with no signal loss.

Will cost you though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You always lose a bit power in video signals if you split them up, however, you can use them serially.

(ie. go into a TV, go out of it again and then into the next one.. however, not many monitors pass the signal through, mostly only professional ones...)
 
EvilDragon posted on Oct 17 2004 at 12:56 PM said:
You always lose a bit power in video signals if you split them up, however, you can use them serially.

(ie. go into a TV, go out of it again and then into the next one.. however, not many monitors pass the signal through, mostly only professional ones...)
​

Well, you lose about 2dB, which is nearly nothing.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top