Razor Gaming Tablet

Well, thats interesting, usually it's "but where's the duel analogue joysticks", however, this one is uniquely in the "where's the dpad" basket. That said I'd prefer sticks to a dpad if one were to be missing

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actaully in the "where's the razor switchblade" group myself.. that thing looked pretty cool... this almost looks gimmicky

Like someone mentioned on the story, It almost is "How are these guys still around".

The biggest thing thats missing at the moment, and the door that is wide open to exploit is this.

There needs to be a standard for gaming controls to be used on Android and IOS. A standard that game developers would cater for as an option in there games they develop. At the moment they can cater for icade or icp control drivers but they are not standard so its hard for developers to built support for them. A big push is needed to get some standard happening in the market. That could be the icp if the right cards were played. Door is wide open lads.

android has a "standard" after honeycomb v3.2+ for gaming controlls there is static codes throughout the OS for DPAD_LEFT DPAD_RIGHT BUTTON_A BUTTON_B BUTTON_C etc, along with analog joystick input is that what you're talking about? I know for older versions of the OS it's kinda hit or miss but sooner rather than later this problem will be fixed.

I like choice though, as long as games allow you to use those calls to control the game it "future proofs" the game and the OS in my mind. Each controller hardware can do whatever it wants as long as it outputs to android as those same static calls in my opinion

iOS is pretty lost though to my knowledge, each game must be programmed to use each controller.

EDIT:

whoa whoa whoa... this is a windows tablet....

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Razer got the memo saying that pretty much every tablet with windows and x86 processor sucks?

I'm pretty sure that there may be PC gamers who think that this is usefull, but that will only be a small group. And I don't think that Razer realises how small that group is if its saying stuff like "Razer expects developers to tailor titles just to suit the combination of hardware on offer".

Plus, I don't really like how it looks. Doesn't look that easy to carry to (to easy to damage the analogue joysticks).

Honestly I think this is really bad based on just pictures without trying it. If I tried it it may work well but it looks like it will not work well.

There's a list of reasons as long as Friday why think this concept is a stupid sack of suckdom. But for the sake of brevity I'll just go with:

LOLOLOLOL! They called it Fiona. HAHAHA!

There's a list of reasons as long as Friday why think this concept is a stupid sack of suckdom. But for the sake of brevity I'll just go with:

LOLOLOLOL! They called it Fiona. HAHAHA!

You have just insulted everyone named Fiona - lol

Naming it Fiona just reminds me of the old Atari tradition of codenaming their stuff with female names. :p

Just seen this on the Gadget Show (UK) £970 OUCH.  And it looked bulky as hell.

Back