Random Left Channel Drop Out

levi1123

Was playing Bohemian Rhapsody with Audacious and the left channel on my headphones just dropped out all of a sudden, could barely hear it, then came back later on during the song but not entirely. I had to reboot the Pandora to fix the issue, this is the first time I've ever had that happen with anything i own. Can anyone relate?

Btw: Running of course Hotfix 3 using Audacious with OSS audio out, as Alsa out seems to lag the program more and sound more "clippy" than OSS with my files. Opened it from minimenu with Wifi disabled CPU clocked @ 500, in case anyone would wonder.

Alerino said:
well, afaik bohemian rhapsody's 'i see a little silhouetto of a man mamma mia let me go' part is left or right side only

Lol. I know that, this also happened on the stereo parts of the song though

Edit: Matter of fact thats what tipped me off. During that part the right channel was very noticeably louder than the left

Last edited by a moderator:
Disregard. Come to find out the headphones were going. I just had to replace them a few hours ago when they refused to make any sound after popping and crackling for several moments when i plugged them into my laptop. Those lasted me several years kinda depressing to see them go like that.

Well, these were sony noise cancelling earbuds. When i bought them they were 150$.. I'd like to think Sony isnt cheap in their manufacturing standards but anyone here can say otherwise..

Edit: Damn tab enter impulse =P Yeah, A pair of bad earphones is better than a failing Pandora by far.

I do not use earbuds, because they are tricky to fit securely, and I suspect that most, if not all of them might have shoddy internals and are not worth the risk of ear damage from using them.

Sony produces one or two excellent quality models of a kind of device, and then they produce several models of the same kind of device with quality ranging from mediocre to awful. Incidentally, the best headphones I've owned so far are a pair of Sony MDR professionals. I bought them for $100 about 10 years ago and they still sound as great as they did when they were new. The black "pleather" bag that came with them ripped along the top a long time ago, but some electrical tape patched it up, and it's stronger than before.

Back