GP2X Ram/flash?

karmacop911

Still Fresh
I noticed that on the GBAX website that in the order page it says the Gp2x has "64m internal storage"

does that mean the GP2X comes with 64 MB RAM as well as 64 MB FLASH?

what's the story?

Last edited by a moderator:
still, that's awesome, and very useful to know. come on though, isn't it like 1000+ writes or something?

i do plan on getting a mem card eventually.

btw can you boot programs via USB straight to RAM? do programs have to be run through Linux?

Unless your talking HH mode, in which case, you can upload them via a serial adaptor straight to ram, but you have to do everything yourself, as there's no OS.

heheh. well, duh. :p

i only asked because i am attracted by the idea of replacing the OS with a work of my own. but maybe it isn't worth it, since i would be losing all the power of the Linux OS. and the libraries too, i guess?

so how DO you get program files into the machine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.

What size SD cards do you all use?

I was thinking of buying just a teeny one (32mb) to start with, and then move up to 1 or 2 GB when i have the money to waste. (mainly to store mp3's etc) :)

You can get 128 meg cards for as little as £15 quid.

Ideally, I'm looking to get a one or two gig SD card eventually, once the firmware bugs are fixed. That was I can store my music library and whatnot on it, and then use the same card in either the Pocket PC or the GP2X, depending on which mood I'm in, without losing all my music or having to have it encoded twice.

Back