Quick Question Regarding Caanoo

TestamentSeven7

Still Fresh
I'm thinking heavily about taking the plunge and ordering a Caanoo. However, there's one subject that i keep reading conflicting information about.

Does the unit play flash files, like games? I know it's not on the main menu like the wiz, but i've read yes, and No, depending on who wrote it and how old the info is.

I'll probably get one anyway, since if it isn't avalable yet it will be reletively soon.

So, to owners of the retail device, flash games, yay or nay?

I see no option for flash files, it's certainly not implemented in the current firmware 1.01 anyway.
It honestly wasn't great on the Wiz though.

I also don't see any autoboot support or tv-out support but these might arrive with firmware updates? I mean, I really want the autoboot so I can use Gmenu2x, if and when that gets ported.

Well, i'll probably get one anyway.

another quick question, is the usb host on the Caanoo as versital as the wiz, that is, will it pick up keyboards, mice, gamepads etc?

The USB host successfully detected my 5th gen iPod and 8gb USB stick, as well as charge my iPod touch and DS Lite as I'd expect.
But to actually test to see if peripherals like keyboards, mice and gamepads work, there needs to be compatible software first, which there isn't.

Back