Questions about the nubs

aagron08

Still Fresh
So, I received my pandora not too long ago and I am one to say the this thing is absolutely amazing. Now, I do have one issues that i hope could be resolved through this forum.

The left nub doesn't register completely when moving between up and left. Every other direction works perfectly and it can be seen when using the pandora input tester (or just playing any game that utilizes the analogs sticks).

any advice?

Have you tried reseting the nub settings? That has solved some problems for me in the past.

A couple people have been having some intermittent issues when using the new kernel but I believe those were solved by the setting reset.

I see what you mean you don't get the full range at top left. I think something may be going on at a hardware level. The nubs are returning fluctuating values.

It may not work, but it is worth a shot to update to the latest hotfix, this will reinstall the os and delete anything not on your SD card.

http://boards.openpa...eta-5-released/

If this doesn't work I would look to get a replacement unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just updated to the latest hotfix and I'm still getting the same issue. I was hoping that would fix it. oh well! I guess I should look into getting a repair/replacement. Any idea on where I would start (don't mean to sound so lazy)?

try pressing the plastic around the nub a bit, see if that helps. not the nub itself, but the plastic case that surrounds the nub

I would bet money on there being something stuck to the rubber contact inside the nub itself. Just a tiny sliver of paper or plastic and it won't work as expected anymore. It could have slipped in at any time since you've had it. Try pulling it to the lower right and blasting the upper left corner with some compressed air. If you're just a little adventurous, you may be able to open the case, lift the board a little, and air blast directly into the nub itself.

Back