Questions About Snes Emulator

clubs4u

Still Fresh
Okay, I'm having an issue with Yoshi's island, Super Mario RPG, and Kirby's Dreamland 3. when I load them with version 6.5, the result was a bit slow emulation. Haven't tested with the recent version, but recently I saw a video booting 3 of them at normal speed. So I was wondering that is there any way that can boost up them with normal performance, like overclocking and stuff?

Eh, sorry for bumping this, but could anyone can move this thread on the help section?

hum, i haven't played with the snes emu for long, but IIRC there is an overclocking method built-in, isn't it?

as an alternative you might try to use the "fast" version of the emulator instead of the "compatible" one, there are 2 gpe's to start separately.

Super Mario RPG and Kirby's Dreamland 3 use a special chip called the SA-1, so it needs a bit more speed than the Wiz can handle to emulate those games at full speed. Same goes for Yoshi's Island. That uses the Super FX chip which runs really slow on DrPocketSNES on the Wiz. The Wiz just doesn't have enough power to do those games full speed. However the version you mentioned that you're using is old and there have been massive improvements to the emulator since version 7.0. Track down version 7.0.1. That is the best version at the moment. Version 7.1 just adds the TV-Out function but is a tad slower, so get version 7.0.1. Also Super Mario RPG does run at playable speeds and at some points runs full speed. If you do want to play Yoshi's Island I would recommend using the GBA emulator gpsp and trying the GBA verions of the game.

On pocketSNES 7.0.0 with the compatible cpu core and compatible sound core Yoshis Island runs very well. Just set the frameskip to 1.

Back