Python Ctypes Stopped Working?

chris_c

I was about to start work on an python module for gles when I discovered that previously working code has stopped working

if you import ctypes it complains about _ctypes being missing.

I poked about a bit, scratched my head even googled but nothing seems terribly relevant as far as I can see.
any one got any clues for me?

chris_c said:
I was about to start work on an python module for gles when I discovered that previously working code has stopped working

if you import ctypes it complains about _ctypes being missing.

I poked about a bit, scratched my head even googled but nothing seems terribly relevant as far as I can see.
any one got any clues for me?

OK fixed it - its complaining about _ctypes.so library missing ( the C bit of ctypes!)

I got python-ctypes_2.6.2-ml8.0.5_armv4.ipk from the angstrom repo - however it wouldn't install because of a problem
with the clib version???

fortunately extracting and using /usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_ctypes.so *DOES* work!

I tested it and also noticed the (AFAIK) there should be a sym link libX11.so pointing to libX11.so.6 (I just directly accessed the .6 library file which I'm fairly sure is bad practice) but anyhow it proves that _ctypes.so from that archive works with the rest of hotfix4 and fixes the bug...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're making a py+C wrapper for gles (akin to pyopengl) then keep us all in the loop. Its something I need as well :)

Jeffphone

sure but give me chance ;) !

In return you can tell me how to map some other key to the A button (which doesnt work on my machine) for that snes emu you ported...
While I'm spending most of my energies developing and bug fixing for the pandora - some times I need a Lufia II fix....

ARMv4 gives you errors on installing, you need to get the ARMv7a version of the package.

EvilDragon said:
ARMv4 gives you errors on installing, you need to get the ARMv7a version of the package.
Doh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back