Pyra size compared to GCW Zero

Daniel Jackson

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could make a scale-accurate comparision picture of the Pyra and the GCW Zero (which I currently already own)

I'm really interested in the actual size difference (especially the screen)

I don't have a GCW Zero, but I know the Pyra is nearly the same size as the pandora. The pyra will have a 5" widescreen 720p screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm....  that picture smells like progress.

Good luck getting anything meaningful from Google translate on that statement.

I'd really like to see the difference in thickness between a closed pandora and a closed pyra. That is the only dimension I hope does not increase too much. Minor increases to it severely inhibit the pocketability of the device.

It shouldn't increase much if any at all.  The Pandora is made up of battery, mobo, keymat, LCD, cable and lid back.  The Pyra has it's CPU board at the same thickness level as the battery, so it's very similar except it has the display PCB instead of the LCD cable under the lid back.  I don't expect it to be more than 1mm thicker overall, and perhaps it might even end up thinner with lower profile buttons meaning the lid lip doesn't need to be as big.

I would love it to be thinner, but am keeping my expectations low in this regard.

So few posts in here now.

I noticed in ED's pic that there seems to be a bunch of white around the left nub hole.  I was going to make a joke.  Instead I would like to know more about this.  It looks like that hole is larger.  I don't remember the details of the other nubs that were being considered after news dropped that it might be difficult or impossible to get more of the planned nubs.  Was this case modified for testing other nubs, or was someone trying to find other ways to produce Pyras? (sorry)

Last edited by a moderator:
This was one of the first printed cases and I just scratched the plastic off there so that the nub could move smoothly.

Back