Purple Haze

Efompor

Premium Member
Website
Visit site
Hey I want to get rid of this purple haze on the screen of my GP32. I try and play a movie in it and it makes all of the colors look the same, almost as if its in greyscale. I heard something about wiping it with windex, but that doesnt sound too healthy for it. Is it worth it to get rid of it? Are there any better ways to get it off? Thanks in advance

it's just a sticker, not like it should be hard to take off. you might only need windex if the adhesive sticks too strongly but I'd remove the screen completly form the system before using any liquid on the machine.

Efompor posted on Feb 13 2004 at 05:32 AM said:
Hey I want to get rid of this purple haze on the screen of my GP32. I try and play a movie in it and it makes all of the colors look the same, almost as if its in greyscale. I heard something about wiping it with windex, but that doesnt sound too healthy for it. Is it worth it to get rid of it? Are there any better ways to get it off? Thanks in advance
Use Window cleaner...

Yup Its MUCH Better with it off...

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Feb 13 2004 at 01:10 PM said:
Efompor posted on Feb 13 2004 at 05:32 AM said:
Use Window cleaner...

Yup Its MUCH Better with it off...
dito

My screen had the purple stuff partly wiped off and it was all scratched up, so I replaced it with a glass screen. It looks beautiful, is completely scratch-proof and just generally looks much clearer. You do get a lot of reflections, however. If you open a picture that is just a black square, it turns your GP32 into a mirror! I highly reccommend it.

With my old GP I rubbed the haze off and was rewarded with a highly reflective surface that had me really wishing I'd either left it on or bought an FLU. Although for me it didn't do anything like converting stuff to greyscale or messing with colours...

Tobriand posted on Feb 13 2004 at 07:22 PM said:
With my old GP I rubbed the haze off and was rewarded with a highly reflective surface that had me really wishing I'd either left it on or bought an FLU. Although for me it didn't do anything like converting stuff to greyscale or messing with colours...
probably because you didnt use a FLU. Reflectiveless doesnt matter that much for me as I usually use it indoors anyway. When I said greyscale I didnt mean that it literally converted the colors to greyscal, it just looked really bland and all the colors just looked like varying shades of purple

Efompor posted on Feb 13 2004 at 07:34 PM said:
probably because you didnt use a FLU. Reflectiveless doesnt matter that much for me as I usually use it indoors anyway. When I said greyscale I didnt mean that it literally converted the colors to greyscal, it just looked really bland and all the colors just looked like varying shades of purple
Possibly - although even still, I haven't found so far with my FLU GP (which should be back from being fixed tomorrow or Monday - yippeee!) that it looks greyed out or anything - possibly to do with the brightness or fitting of the FLU? Or maybe the thickness of the anti-reflective layer varies from GP to GP...

I did recognise that colours with the FLU on were weaker, as it were, but I assumed that was directly to do with the colour of light produced by the Ultrabright LEDs used in it as opposed to daylight or lamplight (which is invariably a fair bit yellower).

Windex blotched my screen. Honestly. I used a soft, polyester cloth (my girlfriends shirt actually) and windex on the outermost screen, and it left it all blotchy. I DONT use windex anymore.

I dont get much reflection..................

The Window cleaner I used was "Windolene" and it was perfect :D

Use the replacement screen sold at GBAx. The original screen from Gamepark sucks - that purple layer, albeit non-reflective, started to develop streaks all over the place after I tried to clean it up.
After you get the replacement screen, when needed just clean it with toilet paper / kleenex and a drop of water and, if needed, regular detergent to remove grease.

Back