PSX problem and a question

Keyaku

Still Fresh
Well, I still didn't get my hands on this awesome thing.
But i've seen some designs and I thought that it could be a little (but really little) problem by playing PSX with it: L2 and R2 buttons anyone?

Otuerwise, I'm giving my mail to the openpandora site to see news about the second batch.
But I have another question: my dad says the iPhone processor is more powerful than a Celeron one (netbook as example) but i'm not sure. If it is true, surely this dev can support much more than PSX right?

Thanks

Keyaku said:
Well, I still didn't get my hands on this awesome thing.
But i've seen some designs and I thought that it could be a little (but really little) problem by playing PSX with it: L2 and R2 buttons anyone?

Otuerwise, I'm giving my mail to the openpandora site to see news about the second batch.
But I have another question: my dad says the iPhone processor is more powerful than a Celeron one (netbook as example) but i'm not sure. If it is true, surely this dev can support much more than PSX right?

Thanks

L2/R2 can be handled by one of the many keyboard buttons that are on the Pandora (or the number buttons that are above the Dpad and ABXY buttons. Also, because there were a sizable amount of people who wanted L2/R2, MWeston left contacts for those shoulder buttons on the circuit board, so that if you really want it, you can mod extra shoulders in.

-God Ginrai

Keyaku said:

Thanks

"Celeron" has been a model range offered by Intel for over 10 years now, and represents a huge number of CPUs. Having said that, iPhone's processor is worse than just about all of them, and it doesn't even come close to comparing with a modern one, even at the lowest clock speeds. Who do you mean by "this dev"?

Exophase said:
Keyaku said:

Thanks

"Celeron" has been a model range offered by Intel for over 10 years now, and represents a huge number of CPUs. Having said that, iPhone's processor is worse than just about all of them, and it doesn't even come close to comparing with a modern one, even at the lowest clock speeds. Who do you mean by "this dev"?

He means this device :wacko:

I think the first an last function butons on the top row can work well enough for alternate shoulder buttons.

Be aware that people might need to hold down R2 and press some game button - this wouldn't be possible if an existing button was mapped to be pressed by your thumb. (Just a counter-argument, not saying they need to add them in retroactively. It would be nice if someone made an add-on kit for L2+R2 though.)

Back