Psp-type Topic.

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
I am sitting on a couch and I am playing Road Rash II (DrMD) on my GP2X. My 11-year old cousin is sat on the couch also, playing GTA on his PSP. He asks to have a go on my toy, I oblige. He enjoys it, I tell him he can play it on his PSP, yadayada.

He gives me his Memory Stick to fill it up with games, I'm giving him promises of the complete Sonic collection and all of that etcetera. But then my limited knowledge of PSP-emulation hits me when I get the card back to my place.

Here is my limited understanding:
-I understand that there is and are Megadrive emulators available for the PSP.
-I understand that new PSP games require firmware updates that prevent one from using said emulators.
-I have been led to understand that there is a program available that allows one to bypass said firmware restrictions, allowing one to fully enjoy the best of SEGA's pleasures.

So the thing is, what is this program, if it exists? And what is the best Megadrive emulator for the PSP? Help a young SONY-slave discover the joys of SEGA! (it really is for him, he's not made up or anything).

Just thought id add, ass a rare comment on this forum as i was asked to look into this aswell by a friend, this site is good i found: Hack-a-Day
its got a step by step guide, if you dont find it useful i will be awaiting some nice PM abuse. =)

A new PSP Megadrive emulator has just been relesed galled DGen, its supposed to pretty good. I havn't tryed it cos I still use my GP32 for DRMD lol.

If the PSP is V2.0 then there is a Homebrew Tool that you can launch from an Exploit in the Photo Viewer, its called Eboot Loader by Fanjita.

Good Sites to check out:

www.psp-hacks.com
www.pspupdates.qj.net
www.psphacks.net

Good Luck...

fitzsteve said:
A new PSP Megadrive emulator has just been relesed galled DGen, its supposed to pretty good. I havn't tryed it cos I still use my GP32 for DRMD lol.

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with DrMD on my GP2X, it's just my cousin NEEDS some Megadrive action! Thanks again for all of this advice, I'll let you know how it goes at the end of the week - once this fnirkin' dissertation's finished :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back