Psp 3.40 Oe-a Pal Compatability?

can you play videos of the memory stick (with custom firmware) if so whats the average size,quality

I'm getting a PSP just for portable Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy VIII & IX, which I've never played.
$120 approximately from a friend who is bored of his PSP.

also, prices of memory stick's are really low now which makes havin a psp worth it, i bought a 4gb sony one from ebay for £25, from hong kong but only took a week to come, free postage too.

CUPC4KES said:
also, prices of memory stick's are really low now which makes havin a psp worth it, i bought a 4gb sony one from ebay for £25, from hong kong but only took a week to come, free postage too.
Memory sticks are still too expensive for me. I picked up 3 2GB MicroSDs for less than a 4GB memory stick. With MS and SD adapters, I can use those MicroSDs on just about any device I own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravnos said:
CUPC4KES said:
Memory sticks are still too expensive for me. I picked up 3 2GB MicroSDs for less than a 4GB memory stick. With MS and SD adapters, I can use those MicroSDs on just about any device I own.

I saw one (4gb mspd) for 40 usd a while ago..

I feel like re-buying a psp soon, but I'm hesitant, because of all the "updated psp" talk on other websites. I might wait until E3 to see if sony announces it, but 2 weeks is looooooooooooong time to wait.

What do you guys think?

Theres another E3? I thought that died last year...

Nova said:
Theres another E3? I thought that died last year...
There still is an E3, but it will have only 3000 people and those people must be invited in order to attend.

Hey all, my little brother has a 2.82 psp, is there a way to downgrade this? Also, if I used, say, the 3.03 downgrader would that work on older firmwares. As much info as possible would be useful, from risks to compatability to whatever. Not sure if i'm going to do it or not, as i don't wanna get Bo*****ed for messing it up and breakin it. It's just mine own stupid curiosity wanting to see what its like.

Oh, and I would find a good PSP board to post this in, but from what I've heard about them I don't really wanna get involved.

Cheers, Bram. Sorry for spelling/grammar/grammer errors. lol

I bought mine with an OE firmware preinstalled, but from what I understand, downgraders are version specific. I don't know if there's one available for 2.82, but you can upgrade to 3.03 and then downgrade from there.

Bramrash said:
Hey all, my little brother has a 2.82 psp, is there a way to downgrade this? Also, if I used, say, the 3.03 downgrader would that work on older firmwares. As much info as possible would be useful, from risks to compatability to whatever. Not sure if i'm going to do it or not, as i don't wanna get Bo*****ed for messing it up and breakin it. It's just mine own stupid curiosity wanting to see what its like.

Oh, and I would find a good PSP board to post this in, but from what I've heard about them I don't really wanna get involved.

Cheers, Bram. Sorry for spelling/grammar/grammer errors. lol
upgrade to 3.03 if you have gta:lcs (unpatched, will have 2.00 update)
if you have a EU (ULES00043) or US (ULUS10002) version of lumines update to 3.50 (i think you can find official eboots from psp-hacks) then downgrade USING THE N00bz METHOD (if you don't there is a good chance your psp will brick) and remember to read the readme!

hahaha, don't think im brave enough. Might be getting a summer job tomorrow though (interview at camelot, and mediocre theme park in north west england) so I think I might get a psp of my own, although the Ds with an R4 looks really good too. I can't think of much cooler than scumm with a touchscreen.

Back