Psi)(Pda Coming In The Uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polossatik

I reject your reality and substitute my own
Website
Visit site
Just saw on the reg some ex Psion dude announcing this little fella.

psixpda_white.jpg

Atom processor, a 1850mAH battery, 1GB RAM and an 800x480 screen into a 174mm x 84mm x 25mm device, weighing 430g for a whopping 500£ ....

But unfortunately it's just a silly rebrand of the DigiCube Z8 MID phone / eKing mini tablet (660 usd).

To bad the Psion form factor is still patented... A pandora like HW and a Psion 5 formfactor would be so marvelous.
You really have to have used it to appropriate the psion 5 keyboard , it's so d*mn good.

lulzfish said:
What's the heat output like on an Atom? I don't want something warm in my pocket all day.. Or to die after 3 hours. Is x86 ready for this?
Unless Intel has significantly improved the power consumption of the Atom CPU, you'd be lucky to get two hours with a 1850mAh battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think x86 will ever take this market from ARM. Heat/power per watt isn't that improved on the Atom, it's just a low powered chip, you're not really getting any benefit from using them. It would make more sense to put an ARM in that.

People go to great lengths to get XP running in their pocket, in the end they only get to do it for an hour or so and get 3rd degree burns in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back