Pronunciation

sam fisher posted on Mar 17 2006 at 08:46 PM said:
Actually so far I'm a success but however I'm afraid nothing more can be said for you. WHo failed at everything in life and always will. Also my mum is actually a failiure ironically. She says my dad who earns large amounts of money a failiure :blink:
I watched a program about a monkey family today ^_^ .

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Mar 17 2006 at 11:27 PM said:
OK, I'm guessing that was something to do with calling me an inexpert bastard and telling me you're not going to shut up.

I don't think most people want to read posts involving you telling us how great you are and how you're the best at everything. Especially in Latin.
All I said in latin was I wouldn't shut up and before that I said to goity 'I don't know what you are talking about' in both pig latin and latin.

Javacat posted on Mar 17 2006 at 08:40 PM said:
Sam's a failure!

sam fisher posted on Mar 17 2006 at 08:46 PM said:
Actually so far I'm a success but however I'm afraid nothing more can be said for you. WHo failed at everything in life and always will. Also my mum is actually a failiure ironically. She says my dad who earns large amounts of money a failiure :blink:

Dude, do you know how to take a joke?

Vos es non infigo quisquam.

True y'know.

No idea what exactly your trying to say as your syntax seems a bit wrong, as is mine, seems like you are telling me not to 'fix' people. You mean you dont want me to neutre people?

sam fisher posted on Mar 17 2006 at 11:15 PM said:
No idea what exactly your trying to say as your syntax seems a bit wrong, as is mine, seems like you are telling me not to 'fix' people. You mean you dont want me to neutre people?
The idea when you're translating Latin to English is not to be literal, ever. The IDEA he was trying to get across is that you should not try to correct people, as in their personalities and that sort of thing. Latin doesn't translate perfectly, and neither can any language, as they all have different ideas. As some guy once said: "The entirety of human perception is not portrayable in any one language."

Of course, if that is absolute crap, take it from me, in plain English, that you should stop being elitist or at least shut up.

Sam, for my work I have had to study phonetics and pronunciation, and cab promise you that if yu want to learn the TH sound then of course you can, as long as your tongue can reach to your top teeth, then you can make the sound. If you really want me to I could send you diagrams about where your lips and tongue should be, complete with positions etc, but I am sure you could figure it out...

At music college, we had an old speech study lady who hated me because I have an accent. She wanted us all to adopt a southern counties accent, wasn't gonna do that, but I learnt to be able to speak properly if I had to. But an accent defines you, where you come from so don't worry about it. However the inabilty to make certain sounds of speech can make yu sound a bit simple, so you should learn to make a TH sound. I had to learn to roll my Rs properly, hard but achievable. So your Mum has so sense in what she says. But I am sure she is still a silly bitch who doesn't understand you etc...

lubidog posted on Mar 17 2006 at 11:33 PM said:
If you really want me to I could send you diagrams about where your lips and tongue should be, complete with positions etc
Dude! *high fives lubidog*

btw, I'm still trying to work out whether Sam was being sarcastic in his original reply to me.

Javacat posted on Mar 17 2006 at 11:42 PM said:
If you really want me to I could send you diagrams about where your lips and tongue should be, complete with positions etc

O my golly God, did I really write that????

lubidog posted on Mar 18 2006 at 12:33 AM said:
Sam, for my work I have had to study phonetics and pronunciation, and cab promise you that if yu want to learn the TH sound then of course you can, as long as your tongue can reach to your top teeth, then you can make the sound. If you really want me to I could send you diagrams about where your lips and tongue should be, complete with positions etc, but I am sure you could figure it out...

At music college, we had an old speech study lady who hated me because I have an accent. She wanted us all to adopt a southern counties accent, wasn't gonna do that, but I learnt to be able to speak properly if I had to. But an accent defines you, where you come from so don't worry about it. However the inabilty to make certain sounds of speech can make yu sound a bit simple, so you should learn to make a TH sound. I had to learn to roll my Rs properly, hard but achievable. So your Mum has so sense in what she says. But I am sure she is still a silly bitch who doesn't understand you etc...
Lol send me diagrams :p I will then commit it to memory. I am a elitest bastard. especially in school. I do admit I often tell my science teacher to quit and let them hire a foreign hamster to teach instead to get the rest of teh classes grades up.

Javacat posted on Mar 18 2006 at 12:42 AM said:

btw, I'm still trying to work out whether Sam was being sarcastic in his original reply to me.
Of course I was bloody being sarcastic. As I assuem yours was a joke.

sam fisher posted on Mar 17 2006 at 11:54 PM said:
Of course I was bloody being sarcastic. As I assuem yours was a joke.
I was pritty sure you were being sarcastic, but I couldn't be certain :p. Err.. yeh, mine was a joke aswell :unsure:.

Eh. Back on topic ...

Can you stick your tongue out?

Maybe you have a restricted lingual fraenulum, also known as being tongue tied.
This may limit the movement of your tongue and is a genetic condition.

If you want to be able to pronounce your th's you could have it cut to allow your tongue to move around more. (Read up more through that link!)

btw. Don't have kids or they'll have the same deformity :p

thecheat posted on Mar 18 2006 at 10:40 AM said:
Sorry, Peter. You're just dumb.
Nope im not. Unlike you. Seriously I am not being sarcastic about this one seth has the intelligence of a ant. He's also attracted to picnics and anything with sugar in them and I am a trillian times smarter than him! Make that infinetly times smarter.

Back